Camera & Scanner Wizzard

G

Hi
I'm thinking that there may be a wider problem with scanner & camera wizzard
I have lost connection with my camera when I connect it to my pc.
On connection I receive a message "usb device not recognized"
I have used the troubleshooting wizzard which showed that no driver exists for the camera. Apparently the driver is a universal driver for all plug in usb devices called "usbstor". I downloaded the driver from the net & installed it to no avail
I tried my camera on a friend's pc & it worked perfectly with camera & scanner wizzard
I then checked my scanner & this too doesn't work properly either with a lack of driver being the likely cause
My usb hub works ok with my mouse, zip drive & printer, it's just the camera & scanner
I've even reinstalled windows XP from the original disc to no avail (but did ask it to keep my personal settings which might be significant)
All I have done recently is to install windows updates through the windows update facility. I am wondering whether this could have a bearing
Has anyone else had similar problems & if so how did you overcome them. Also if anyone else could offer suggestions on where to go next I, and I'm sure others, would be very gratefu
Coli

G

Hello, I'm in the same boat as you almost. I've been reading and the only sugestions I have so far is to uninstall all the usb controllers and hubs and then let windows reinstall them but it hasn't worked for me. I did a reinstall of xp pro as well but that didn't work either(kept my settings too), probably why it didn't work. My issues started when I upgraded my motherboard and chip and reinstalled xp pro. Nothing that i have that is usb will get recognized(camera,printer,palm). Xp says that it is a problem with the device and has malfunctioned but they couldn't of all broke at the same time?????. This isn't much help to you probably but at least you know that there is an issue somewhere with your USB contollers. If you solve it please let me know as I'm sure we have the same problem.

Ask a Question