Router with QoS

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows a good router that has the QoS feature on? I will be using it as a wired router, but getting a wireless one wouldn't hurt as i may change to wireless in the future, especially as there doesnt seem to be much difference in price.

I was thinking about:

Linksys WRT54GS
Linksys WRT54GL

And i have heard allsorts of things about the firmware, which i wasnt too sure about. If you could suggest a good router i would be grateful, i just need a couple of people to agree on a single router, as people i have asked before can't agree.

Please suggest a router that would fit my requirements for under £50.

I would be very grateful, as im hoping to receive it in time for xmas.

Thanks guys.

Ad

Advertisements

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I see that they're cable routers for NTL/Telewest - when I was with Telewest until I moved a few weeks ago, I used a Belkin F5D7230uk4 Wireless Router and it was great, easy to set up and never let me down.

I am on ADSL now as I can't get cable here - but I still have the router in perfect condition in its box - so if you want it just make me an offer :thumb:

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
If you get the Lynksys, you'll want to install the 3rdparty firmware for it, to get the most out of it. Otherwise, you're better of spending more and getting a Draytek router instead. Cheap is rarely a good or long-lasting buy when it comes to routers.

Ask a Question