Resident Evil 4

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just bought this from Play.com for £15.00.

Loaded it up, downloaded patch and applied it, started to play.

I have just wasted fifteen quid :(

This game has to have the most out-moded, archaic, awkward, pernicketty control system I've ever encountered. Tried both keyboard and gamepad, both crap.

I mean, for a lot of actions, like shooting you have to press 2 buttons on the gamepad whilst navigating with the X/Y axis pad. Unless you double jointed with long fingers, that's impossible.

I was prepared to give it a chance and maybe get that Logi G10 Gamer's keyboard to map a few double commands to, but then I found I couldn't exit the game.

The ONLY way, as far as I can work out, to exit the game is by dying, where you get an option to continue or not. Choose no and you're back to Windows.

Plus it has no save game for any point in the game, only checkpoints where you have to save the game anyway.

A damn shame cos it looked good and I actually remember enjoying Resident Evil 1 & 2 way back.

Why can't they just use the mouse like most other games.

Bloody great pile of cack :mad:

I'll probably get a fiver for it at the local used Games shop, but Grrrrrrrrrr.... I've been had :wall:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Unlucky mate, resident evil, silent hill etc were great, but i dont like the sound of this new one at all....

Get yourself copy of Crysis on preorder to cheer yourself up! :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Stick it on ebay and see if you can reclaim any of the initial cost back! It does sound a bit cack :(

It sounds like they've actually tried to make this a user un-friendly game!

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ehh... Flops?
They never made Resident Evil 4 for computer.
Ever. I think you have a hack version :(

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I got resident evil 4 for my nintendo wii and itas excellent. Just completed it about 3 days ago, took me around 15 hours i think, and i'm tempted to play it through again.

Shame you couldnt get to play it properly on your PC, it really is one of the best games i've played.

You save at type writers if ya didnt know, and theres plenty of them in resi 4. Also you have to press 1 button to ready/aim your gun and another button to shoot in all the resident evils.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
huh, well you know... the only resident evil games i have seen are all emulated :D
didnt hear about this one coming to a pc... i havent seen it in the states thats why i thought its a hack version

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
And after taking a look at the box cover, i still cant say it looks legit :D
but then again im sure its just a regional thing :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
lol at Alf ;)

Reef, yep, I remember now, I played RE 1 & 2 but had no problems with the controls as I remember. There were some real scary moments in RE2, I can remember jumping six feet in the air at some stages :D

I took it, and some other games I'd finished with, to cex.co.uk at Bromley today and got £8.00 for it, which wasn't too bad. Got £35.00 in all which I part exchanged against a Canon Ixus i5 camera, smaller than my Canon A80. It cost £80.00 so I got it for £45.00 and I'll either sell my canon A80 or give it to my daughter if she wants it, though I'm guessing she's gonna say it's too big.

And the eyelet that holds the wrist strap has snapped off where I dropped it so I'm guessing it's probably only worth about twenty quid plus postage, but, ya know, if anyone's interested..... ;)

Original box and all parts it came with; 8 x AA rechargeable batteries; leather belt case; 5 memory cards, 2 x 256Mb and 3 x 64Mb. £20.00 plus a fiver p & p if anyone's interested, it's taken most of the pix I've displayed here and everything works on it, just no wrist strap, is all.

I still wanted to keep a small camera even though I now have a Nikon D40X with 18-165mm lens, which I'm still learning how to use, but great camera, so far as I can make out, really good detail on the pix I've taken with it so far.

Now where were we?

Oh yes - Resident Evil 4 for the PC - it's a great big pile of poo :D

Ask a Question