Borderlands

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
An old PC game and to be honest I really don't know if it's any good or not but I like the look of it.

Reason I started a thread for it is because I mentioned I was going to buy it in my Xbox thread from a GAME store , £25.00 for both the original game and another disk with two expansion packs.

But I had a look on Play.com and on October 15th a GOTY edition is being released for £15.00 with codes to download four expansion packs.

That seems a better deal to me so I've pre-ordered it.

Main reason I mentioned it is in case anybody was going to go for the £25.00 deal from GAME.

Here's a link to the game: http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/16245554/Borderlands-Game-Of-The-Year-Edition/Product.html

I've also ordered Arma II: Operation Arrowhead from Play.com, not really sure if it's my kind of game, apparently it's not an fps shoot frenzy but a game which requires a little thought but for fifteen quid I'll take a chance. Link: http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/15502389/Arma-II-Operation-Arrowhead/Product.html

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Looked at the trailer and that does look quite interesting!

Thanks for the heads-up Mr Flopp's..
nod.gif

Reaction score
I played it quite a while ago. It is good! Reminded me a bit of the cell game a few years ago called 'XIII'

The expansion pack I had was a zombies one, after a while I got a bit bored and uninstalled it though.

That + 4 expansions is well worth 15 nicker

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Borderlands is good, got it in the steam sales a while back, not played a great deal of it but found it rather entertaining, should really play it again soon.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I played 13

Didn't like it to be honest, too story driven with cut scenes every 5 minutes disturbing gameplay, hope Borderlands isn't like that!

Reaction score
No borderlands isnt mate I was just putting it on Par graphically.

I think it called Cell shading?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I notice Steam are selling this for £29.99, never ceases to amaze me how Steam can one day offer something good for a couple of quid then take the Mick with prices like that. The RRP is only £24.99.

Perhaps Steam assume evrybody buys blindly from them without checking the price. This is how Steam are probably filthy rich.

The game arrived yesterday, I loaded it on and played it for an hour at normal difficulty level. Yes, it's good, I enjoyed it, I'll go back to it and provided I don't get stuck - which seems to be coming more and more common the newer a game is - I'll probably play it through.

But as Mr TXD said, it isn't anything special or anything we haven't seen before.

I got the voucher to get the Duke Nukem demo but as yet haven't downloaded it.

To get the 4 add on packs to Borderlands you're given an address to get them from. The total download is a little over 5Gb.

They won't load until the game's been patched to V1.4. I couldn't find the patch on the Gearbox/Borderlands site and eventually got it from Softpedia.

Installed the first add-on and it prompted me for the supplied code for online activation. The next three then installed ok without asking for any codes.

Other games I'm playing atm: I've gone back to FEAR 2 and GTA 4. Started GTA 4 from the beginning again, really enjoying this. Same with FEAR 2, I'm about 75% of the way through now and got to drive a mech for the first time - good stuff.

FEAR 2 is a straightforward FPS with some genuinely scary moments and I'm liking it a lot, will be sad when it finishes. Multiplayer is good as well.

Reaction score
I'm addicted to Tomb raider Underworld atm..........its brilliant so far and I'm 20 levels so far. I'll go back to Borderlands when it's done. Or maybe Jericho. Or maybe MW2......played Heavy rain and finished it far too quickly and have to say i felt a bit ripped off....

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I loved borderlands, got it for me ps3 not long after it come out. The amount of different guns you find is amazing, when they say theres billions of guns on there you don't believe it but its true.

The dr ned zombie add on is a great bit of play, who doesn't love zombies?!?!

Ask a Question