Replaced Motherboard, green light

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's info. I replaced my motherboard and only get the inside green light. Idk if it is the power supply or cpu. I didn't know at the time to replace the heat goo.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Tracy, it may be best if I move your post to a new thread so that we can help - I'll do this once you've seen my message :).

Can you explain the problem a little more and I'm sure we can help :D.

Ad

Advertisements

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the private message, I've moved your post to a new thread now.

The sort of information that would be useful is:
  • What model motherboard/CPU/power supply do you have
  • What happens when you press the power button
If there's a green light on the motherboard, then it's getting power. Did you re-connect the power switch cable correctly to the header pins? Does anything happen at all when you try to power on?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back with me. First I want to clarify that I'm trying to get 2 separate Dells to work. One is mine. One is for my friend. Now the one I changed the motherboard in is mine and yes I plugged everything back in. I had the manual plus I took pictures of it before I tore it a part. I went to Frys Electronis last night and got some of that heat sink stuff to put on the cpu. I haven't tried it yet. When I press the power button I get nothing. No lights, no fan. Only the inside green light come on.

Ask a Question