Motherboard help.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Motherboard help needed. My current PC which I have had since 2016 is on its way out. It currently has a Gigabyte H81M-S2H motherboard and only 2 of the 6 USB ports on the back work. And only 1 of the two in the front cover work. I looked to see if I could find the same board but they are no longer made. The current spec if the PC is 8gb RAM, i5 4460 Haswell CPU and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. Those specs are good for me and the gaming I do so don't really want to or need to build a new PC. I was thinking of just replacing the motherboard with a cheapish one but have no idea what to look for. Any help would be appreciated.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Before you decide to buy a new motherboard i would suggest you unplug most of the connectors and use a good contact cleaner to clean them and put them back if you have not done so. This may help a bit and if things are the same consider a motherboard from the list below. Just select one and look for sellers who have them in stock for you to buy.

https://pangoly.com/en/compatibility/intel-core-i5-4460/motherboard

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
LGA 1150 vs. 1151

If I read the article correctly you could use a 1151 mobo as a replacement.

There are a few 1150 opened but unused on E-Bay and there are new 1150's available at Ali Express. :cool:

Could you use a add-on usb card in one of those mini PCI-E sockets ?

Ask a Question