Youtube is a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dell D620 laptop... why does youtube burn my CPU at 100%, heat up my machine to a very high temperature (which will eventually kill my CPU and/or laptop motherboard), slow down XP to where I have to hold down the power button to turn the machine off, take 3 minutes to load a video page and then constant 240p buffering and pausing, while dailymotion runs the CPU at around 10% CPU utilization, which generates very little heat and does not rapidly drain my laptop battery, loads the video page in 15 seconds then instantly plays 240p video with no buffering?

Reaction score
Yes, XP using Mypal 29.3.0 32 bit (fork of Palemoon fork of Firefox), Intel Core2 @ 1.666 GHz, 4 gigs PC2 6400 CL2 (I think) matched pair RAM. I am using it now inside a Sandboxie sandbox, I have to call up task manager when I start Mypal and set processor affinity to only run on the second CPU, and priority to less than normal or it will hog the entire XP system and render it almost completely unusable. It only does this when I have a youtube page open. System is normal and responsive unless I call up YouTube in Mypal, Firefox 33, or Firefox 33,portable, in or out of the sandbox. I'm going to try XP SP2 inside VirtualBox but I doubt it will make a difference. The issue isn't like or death, I'll be moving to a Dell Inspiron I3 2.333 GHz with 6 gigs ram and running Linux Mint Cinnamon with the latest Firefox version soon. More of a personal curiosity regarding this problem, I guess.

Reaction score
I think I found the problem. It would appear that some hacking wankers somewhere on the net are interfering with my youtube connection. We are legion... we do not forgive, we do not forget... expect us. The anon hackers already copied my entire channel from inside youtube so there is no danger of data loss, so it isn't any particular big deal. And, I finally managed to make contact with the NSA today regarding another matter. Anyone screwing with my internet is an enemy of the United States, the facts prove this, and so whatever foreigners or traitors will likely be investigated and dealt with by the NSA. I consider this matter closed now.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I found the problem. It would appear that some hacking wankers somewhere on the net are interfering with my youtube connection. We are legion... we do not forgive, we do not forget... expect us. The anon hackers already copied my entire channel from inside youtube so there is no danger of data loss, so it isn't any particular big deal. And, I finally managed to make contact with the NSA today regarding another matter. Anyone screwing with my internet is an enemy of the United States, the facts prove this, and so whatever foreigners or traitors will likely be investigated and dealt with by the NSA. I consider this matter closed now.
I think we can also consider this thread closed!!! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question