Printer Problem

Reaction score
New printer--strange happenings.

Hello.

I`ve a new EPSON printer DX5050 model which I`ve only had a few weeks. Up till now it has been fine.
But yesterday it refused to print,just could not even get an ink smudge out of it.All the lights come up when switched on,no warning messages come up on screen,so fine let`s print------nothing. We tried to print several documents,as I`ve said but nothing happened. What appears to happen,at the bottom of the screen an icon pops up,which we have never seen before. Clicking on it shows a window with all the names of the failed to print documents.They seem to be stacking up ready to print----but we can`t print them! I`ve now cancelled these documents and that has got the printer working again. But today I noticed this icon again,on opening it up there was another doc waiting to print.
On my daughters part of the computer the same symbol appears.On opening it up it again shows jobs waiting to print but,and this is strange,it`s telling her that our old printer is waiting to carry out the task of printing.The thing is that it is no longer connected to the computer!! Why is this happening and is there any thing I can do to stop it?? I thought that installing a new printer with it`s new drivers and programs it would over ride the old printers installation.
Any help or suggestions would be helpful.
All the best
historian.

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
It seems the old printer setup is conflicting - go to Start>Settings>Printers and Faxes - make sure the new printer is set-up as the default and delete the old printer.

Reaction score
Re:printer problem.

Adywebb said:
It seems the old printer setup is conflicting - go to Start>Settings>Printers and Faxes - make sure the new printer is set-up as the default and delete the old printer.

Hello Adywebb.
Thanks for your reply.

With regards to your suggestion (above) I`ve clicked on start but could not find settings>printers and faxes. My O.S. is windows XP1 will that make a difference?

Going back to my printer.
My wife wanted to print out some lyrics to songs. Having got to the web site she selected the lyrics she wanted,clicked on print. It started to print but only the ads on the site printed out. Not a word was printed----strange or what?
All the best
historian.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Try looking in Start>Settings>Control Panel.

The issue your wife has experienced often happens as the printer needs to know which 'frame' of the site to print.

Go to File>Print>options or copy and paste the text to a document and then print.

Ask a Question