New printer.

Reaction score
Hi.

I`ve just bought my self a new all singing all dancing printer,namely a Epson stylus DX5050. Why did I buy a new one? Well my previous one,again a Epson Stylus CX3200,didn`t want to print any more.No matter how many times I did a nozzle check or head clean it would print a page or two then dry up.Now in all the time I`ve had printers,I`ve never used inks made by Epson. I`ve only ever used compatible ink cartridges.It`s only the last month or so that the CX3200 started to play up.Is it possible that these compatible inks have damaged the printing head over the four years I`ve had the printer? Has anyone had trouble using non generic inks on their printers? I am now going to use only Epson inks on this new printer and see how long this one lasts.
all the best
Historian.

Reaction score
Hi.

Re: my new printer,see my earlier post.
The other day I had to scan a news paper cutting, in the hope that I could scan in straight into an e-mail.But it didn`t work.
Is it at all possible to scan an image direct from a scanner into an e-mail,if so how does one go about it?
The hand book/s are no help.
Mant thanks
historian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've used generic cartridges myself lots of times, and I've found that good quality ones have been quite acceptible for general printing. However there are so many different brands of compatible ones that there will no doubt be some that are poor quality.

What I did for my old Canon inkjet was check on ebay for cheap official ones. I got quite lucky and found 2 sets of all 4 tanks for about £20 delivered. Lasted me for years :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
historian said:
Hi.

Re: my new printer,see my earlier post.
The other day I had to scan a news paper cutting, in the hope that I could scan in straight into an e-mail.But it didn`t work.
Is it at all possible to scan an image direct from a scanner into an e-mail,if so how does one go about it?
The hand book/s are no help.
Mant thanks
historian

I believe that you have to scan it to a file on your hard drive and then put that in you r e-mail . Did you not get a software suit and manual with the printer . If not try the Epsom site . The real Epsom inks are great for photos as they give good colour and age well . I use non-genuine inks and have done so for three years with no problems on my Epsom .

nod.gif

Reaction score
Hi abarbarian.
Thanks for your reply.

I put the scanned document into a folder in my picture section,thinking I could import it into my e-mail.But going to my e-mail prog I could find no way to import it from my picture section,which is on the hard drive.In the end I sent it snail mail.
As to manuals and soft ware to this printer of mine.Would you believe that there are three printed manuals and two software disks! But none,as far as I can see,tell me how to inport a scanned image into an e-mail.
All the best
historian

Ask a Question