Possible COD5 box arts

Reaction score
codwaorld-at-war.jpg

The rumors just keep coming readers! This next one is from the same source as all the rest, and has to do with the next installment in the Call Of Duty series. Just like the fourth installments various box arts, it seems that the fifth installment will have many different box arts before any single one is chosen to represent the game.

Also, as you may have noticed, none of the box arts have the number "5" on them anywhere. Instead, the game seems to have solely adopted the recently announced subtitle of World at War.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/06/15/rumor-possible-cod5-rename-plus-boxarts/

Linked from N4G, and the poster seems to think that Activision are not including the number 5 to confuse people, making them think that COD4 is the lastest edition so that it continues to sell well.

I dont really know what to think of the covers. The top right has a very good impact, but all the others are good shots of war.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
All this excitement over a game.
Try the real thing & you may change your mind on war & what it does to you!

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I was in the Army for 5 years, went to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once (it is actually a war zone) i got paid well and where else am i gonna see two F15s flying about 20 metres in front of me with both cannons blazing at the Taliban.

War only sucks when your mates start getting killed.

And in case anyone says "well what about the people in Afghanistan?, i'm sure they don't agree"

Well they are (in general) soooo lazy its hard to explain, they want everything for nothing and then still want more, but won't lift a finger to help.
Apart from the Afghan National Army, poorly funded, no real training, but the bravest men i have ever met.

Reaction score
It was not so high tech 26 years ago in the South Atlantic, But enough of talking about days gone by.
I'm just not a gamer and playing a war game on the pc etc does nothing for me.
May be i'm not the generation to play games?
I will retire from the thread.;)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Fair play if you were in the Falklands mate, my dad and uncle were over there as well, they were both Marines.

from the little they told me i understand it wasn't a pleasant experience depending on your cap badge.

Sorry if i caused offence, was just defending my corner.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Sorry if i caused offence, was just defending my corner.
I was not down their, but i have seen the devastation it did to once noble men.
It's now called PTSD, but for some the battle still goes on inside their heads.

I'm not anti-military, just anti hyping it up as a game, In real life it's not a game.
Perhaps we should get back to the purpose of your thread.;)

Reaction score
The money that goes on the art work for these games covers must cost £££.
But if it sells a game i suppose it's worth it to the companies.

I am a hard user of Theme Hospital.:blush:
And the odd racing game like ToCA2.

Did have a go with a Wii recently & totally amazed by what you can do with it.
Of course i can remember when playing a game was a board game on a table or floor!!:nod:

Reaction score
I never though posting some box art would cause this type of convosation.

I personally have not seen war on a personal level and find war games not that much fun unless its high fantasy like warhammer.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sneblot said:
I dont really know what to think of the covers. The top right has a very good impact, but all the others are good shots of war.

What do you guys think?
I think they look like photoshopped fakes tbh, dont look very impressive.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
I say their photoshopped fakes tbh, dont look very impressive.

Aye, I'd agree, look at COD 4's cover, it's really quite superb, all the examples posted here look quite amateurish and even the Medal Of Honor series' covers would put them to shame.

As for the moral dilemma playing computer war games....

Yes, war is obscene, ugly and really not much fun. But ever since mankind learned to walk on two legs he's been at it.

The war games on computers, to my mind, are nothing like real war, they're just a competitive enviroment that really are lots of fun to play.

To play Call Of Duty you do not need to lay in a muddy trench; not bathe for three months; develop nasty sores; start showing the early signs of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; bayonet men just like yourself in the ear; starve for days; witness what a human body looks like turned inside out; wonder at the stupidity of it all.

Call of Duty may be based on real warfare but it isn't, not by a long chalk.

It's just good escapist compettitive fun so please, lighten up people :)

Reaction score
V_R said:
Sneblot said:
dont really know what to think of the covers. The top right has a very good impact, but all the others are good shots of war.

What do you guys think?

I think they look like photoshopped fakes tbh, dont look very impressive.

To be honest I don't know if they are real or fake but they come from a sally reliable source so who knows.

Reaction score
They are pretty good box arts. However i personally think that the top right looks the best; looks gloomy and dark.

Ask a Question