Cod5 Patches

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently downloaded and installed the latest patches for Call of Duty World at War and today upon going into the game it says that there are no saved game files and that I need to start a new game. :mad:

Please can someone tell me if there is anyway what so ever to get the saved game file back as I have spent hours on this game.

Thanks

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Hi,

I recently downloaded and installed the latest patches for Call of Duty World at War and today upon going into the game it says that there are no saved game files and that I need to start a new game. :mad:

Please can someone tell me if there is anyway what so ever to get the saved game file back as I have spent hours on this game.

Thanks

If you look in Program files/ Activision / Call Of Duty. Can you not see them there..?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Is your profile still there?

In Vista mine is at:

Computer/My Name (to the left)/App Data (You have to enable show Hidden Files & Folders to see this)/Local/Activision/CoDWaW/Players/Profiles/My User Name

If that's disappeared there has been an error :(

I 've applied all CoDWaW patches with no probs.

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
If you look in Program files/ Activision / Call Of Duty. Can you not see them there..?

Hi Madx,

Its got my profile but there is no saved game in it. For some reason the saved games folder is located in in a different place Users App Data Local Activison CoDWaW players save. the folder in there is also empty.

Do you still think I will be able to get it back?

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Is your profile still there?

In Vista mine is at:

Computer/My Name (to the left)/App Data (You have to enable show Hidden Files & Folders to see this)/Local/Activision/CoDWaW/Players/Profiles/My User Name

If that's disappeared there has been an error :(

I 've applied all CoDWaW patches with no probs.

Ok I have just found the saved file in my profiles I was looking at another save file. I have checked in the profile folder and there is a save games folder and that has files in it how do I get COD5 to load these files again?

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:

That is where you profile and save game is stored, only god knows why Treyarch cant put it in the games root like every other cod game is a mystery tbh....

Anyway, load up the game, sounds like wither your saves or worse still your whole profiles been corrupted... :(

Do you see your rank or is it back to the beginning?

Dont worry too much MW2 is out soon enough. :D

Reaction score
V_R said:
That is where you profile and save game is stored, only god knows why Treyarch cant put it in the games root like every other cod game is a mystery tbh....

Anyway, load up the game, sounds like wither your saves or worse still your whole profiles been corrupted... :(

Do you see your rank or is it back to the beginning?

Dont worry too much MW2 is out soon enough. :D

Hi V_R,

When I load the game up it has my prfile name but if I click on it. It says getting profile information and if I click on solo in the main menu there is only 2 options NEW GAME OR SELECT MISSION.

This is the folder I found with the save files in it. However I am unable to get COD5 to load these.

I have attached a picture of the save files that I have found. Its werid as my profile is still showing but there is no saved game in COD5. Do you think there is much hope in getting the saved files to load back to COD5?

I am looking forward to MW2 :)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 190

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
you cant do anything to the saves, other than delete them and start over. Maybe download a save off the net?

Reaction score
V_R said:
you cant do anything to the saves, other than delete them and start over. Maybe download a save off the net?

Ok thanks for lettting me know V_R. Where would you say is the best place to download a save file from?

Cheers,

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No idea! lol, have a google around they'll be out there somewhere. I've seen them mentioned on other forums, people upload them to rapidshare etc. :)

Ask a Question