Electronic Arts/Origin

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This isn’t verbatim but was pretty much the gist of the query I sent EA’s helpline on January 2nd:

I recently added a new hard disk to my computer to store games on and have uninstalled Battlefield 3. I now wish to reinstall BF3 onto my new hard drive but when I try to install the game it will only allow me to install by download via the Origin software.

This method would use up a sizeable amount of bandwidth which my ISP restricts and I therefore want to install from disk. Could you tell me a way to do this?

Perhaps if I uninstalled Origin then reinstalled BF3 that might work?

Regards Tony ********

Reply, January 4th:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to inform you that the game cannot be installed on any other location then its original one the C:/ drive. So please reinstall the game in c:/drive.

Regards,
Robin
Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience

My reply, five minutes after receiving above:

Robin, you are a complete pillock and typical of an Electronic Arts employee.

The game was never installed on C drive, what makes you think it was? It was originally installed on a disk drive with the label 'D' and that's where it is now, working perfectly.

I copied the contents of my 500Gb 'D' drive to an external 1Tb disk in a disk caddy, swapped the disks over on my computer then used Control Panel/Admin/Computer Management/Disk management to assign drive labels where applicable.

My suggestion worked, uninstall 'Origin' reinstall game from hard disk which then reinstalled 'Origin' followed by reinstalling BF3 from disk, thus saving me bandwidth.

It's obvious you know nothing about PC's and your comments were less than useless and smacked of EA's paranoid attitude. Did you even read my problem? Have you sent a stock answer? I suggest you seek alternative employment, perhaps washing dishes at MacDonalds.

The whole Origin/Electronic Arts setup sucks a large one and I vow never to buy another EA or Origin game again - Steam rules!

You take care now Robin

Tony ********

Reaction score
:p OOOH you spat your dummy out Tony:wall:. I bet you will not get an answer from them rather like Microsoft if you change your MB, they are frightened of people copying their software to another hard drive and them not getting the royalties. :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Lol, love it, but sadly that is what they're like.... Chocolate Teapots the lot of them! :D

Reaction score
That is a warning for me not to purchase EA Games stuff:( as I am always mucking about with my PC and changing drives:eek: Thanks for the heads up Tony:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just received:

Dear Tony, You recently asked for assistance on a case, but we haven't heard from you in a while.

If you still need our help, please login and review the details of your case with EA (Case # *********)at any time by clicking on the following link:

'View My Questions' We want you to get the most out of your EA games, so don't hesitate to contact us. If you decide not to respond, your case will automatically close in four days.

Thank you for contacting EA!

Sincerely, EA Customer Experience Team

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
They seem to care before you spend your money with them, but not after!!!:drool:

Ask a Question