Blackout for EA's Sim City

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Full article here

An excerpt:

"Electronic Arts’ long-awaited release of SimCity on Tuesday should have been an occasion for a worldwide collective all-nighter of urban planning, a nonstop bacchanal of factory building, endless intricate min-maxing of grids of pavement. 12 a.m. Eastern Tuesday morning should have been SimCity’s finest hour.

Instead, the whole operation seized up and s**t the bed. EA, a technology company with a market capitalization of over $5 billion, could not muster the online servers necessary to handle an influx of players looking to build their cities. This was entirely a problem of EA’s own making, as SimCity was not designed with an offline mode. Even if you don’t want to team up with others and join your cities together, you can’t just build your personal metropolitan layouts in peace: Every player must be constantly connected online, as a draconian step to crack down on piracy of this PC-only game."

EA just keep getting better and better. I wonder just how long will they treat people like this before folk wise up and boycott them?

Their arrogance and the monstrosity known as Origin will be their downfall, hopefully, though for a company with over 5 billion dollars turnover annually that's doubtful.

I would normally have bought Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 but refuse to do so now, I've boycotted EA for around 6 months up to now.

I even uninstalled BF3 before I'd finished the single player campaign just so I could uninstall Origin.

The hell with 'em.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
HahaI read about this, people are not happy! I dont like EA either, though BF3 is a good game....

I too wanted Crysis 3, but I aint gonna do this time.