Degrading the F.A cup

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I had a dream a long time ago that with the influx of foreign managers and players our national sport would became a base for all the UK`s youngsters to aspire to learn from foreign players the footballing skills we were told the UK lacked against the issue of playing just to make money...there`s the Chairman and the FA , they will sort it so as our greatest National sport lives on while our fledgling youth get the chance to star for their local clubs ..

IT HAS HAPPENED

the desire to succeed is more than the wage packet​

Portsmouth
West Bromwich Albion
Cardiff City
Barnsley

the above 4 contest the F.A Cup semis ..(and well played to them all) both played at Wembley.., although its another F.A way to grab some money back from the extortiante costs incurred to build the place
£757m

...ok, may be good for the fans , but the FA Cup at wembley is for the final...nothing more, Villa Park , Old Trafford, Goodison and Anfield are more than adequate to stage the competitions semi-finals.

My thoughts are this.. next year ..dont invite the Premiership clubs because they are a bunch of overpaid , underplayed prima donnas ..who dont give a toss..they don`t have the desire to win unless for more money (ie Champions league or Prem title..or just staying in the Prem (lol)).the UK players who want to get to Wembley without picking up mega wages are there and well done to them ..hence the line up for this years semis are as follows.

Well Done

Portsmoth (to an extent)
Barnsley
West Brom
Cardiff City

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

English(welsh) Football ..is Football and not money...

Cap wages ...before it destroys the game :mad:

Reaction score
Too late for wage capping------that horse has well and truly bolted.
Would wage capping be legal anyway?

One thing I have long thought though.

Sure, clubs can buy as many foreign players as they wish BUT I think they should only be allowed to have up to 3 on the field at any given time.

English clubs turning out in the premier league without a single British player in the 11........that's a joke.

Thankfuly my club (Everton) still puts it's faith in youth and home grown talent as much as possible...unlike that Spanish team across Stanley park.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
vaio said:
Sure, clubs can buy as many foreign players as they wish BUT I think they should only be allowed to have up to 3 on the field at any given time.

Sorry, you can't do that. We're all Europeans now. ;)

And you cannot infringe footballers' human rights. :p

Reaction score
1: A good percentage of foreign players aren't european.
2: How would human rights be infringed.........doesn't stop players signing.....up to the manager who is and who isn't in the team.

If subs can be limited why not foreign imports?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm really pleased that a non premier league team is going to be in the Final, I'd love to Barnsley to win it. Pompy were a couple of leagues down a few years ago and now they seem to hover just outside the Euro spots, so that's not too bad that they are there ;)

Reaction score
Surprising how much Portsmouth have actually spent though.

Looking at the top 6....isn't my team the only one that isn't foreign owned?(at the moment).

Reaction score
Imagine Barnsley winning it they would be in European competition! Playing in the UEFA cup.

I hope Barnsley can win it. :)

Reaction score
Seems Harry did the right thing by staying with Portsmouth & not moving to Newcastle!
Who would have though Man U & Chelsea out of the Cup on the same day!:wave:

Ask a Question