[PL] Pricelessware slogan

ranrad

Perhaps we just need a better explanation on the "front page" - something along these lines: "All
Pricelessware programs are free but not all are Freeware. Some have non-monetary costs. The program
may be liteware, registerware etc. See the Ware Glossary. . . . "

Susan

When I was a newbie on ACF I was not confused. Freeware was ware that
didn't cost anything. Monetory or otherwise.
But now it is confusing because apart from Freeware you also have all the
other wares that you now consider free.
Maybe we should consider changing the name of the group, because as you
say, it's Free, but not Freeware anymore.

Peggy

Why do you want it limited to Windows© Freeware? Just because you
don't use other operating systems doesn't mean they do not exist.

I don't really mind if the slogan is just Windows freeware or not,
Susan had wondered when the slogan had been changed, and I was
responding to that. I am satisfied that the current slogan, which won
the vote at that time, is what the voters wanted then.

After a search in google, I discovered that it had been quite a
discussion then.

Susan Bugher

Susan Bugher

Bjorn said:
Mike Bourke wrote in
<[email protected]>:

Thank you both. I'll try to get a revised PL2006 "about" page uploaded soon. There's plenty of time
for further comments and suggestions since PL2006 doesn't go public till January.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Daniel Mandic

Susan said:
Thank you both. I'll try to get a revised PL2006 "about" page
uploaded soon. There's plenty of time for further comments and
suggestions since PL2006 doesn't go public till January.

Susan

Hi Susan!

I wish you and the Team great success.

I visit mainly www.pricelessware when searching for freeware. Good Site!