Windows XP OXC0000017 Application Error Message - Help Please

Reaction score
I have recently started receiving an OXC0000017 application failed to initialize properly message. Since this is started, my computer gets knocked off line, but according to the ISP, I am still connected. I have had the ISP out to my home 2x to look at the modem. No modem problems.

This all started right after I tried to load a game for my son at the Disney website. I uninstalled the game, after I couldn't figure out how to help him play it, but my machine has been acting goofy since then.

The only way to re-establish a net connection is to completely restart my system. I've never had a problem prior to this.

I have a Gateway laptop with DSL service from RR. I have IE 6.0 and XP. I don't keep a ton of junk on our machine and prior to this problem it screamed through the net.

Please any advice or assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Kim

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Is that the error message in full?

This is NOT an upgrade from an earler OS?

You do not have Aventail Connect, do you?

Download CCleaner, be careful NOT to install the Yahoo Toolbar, just un-tick the box for it ... CCleaner can clear the crap left behind after a bad uninstall.

let me know. :thumb:

Reaction score
OK,

I ran all options within CCleaner - Cool program! Unfortunately, I am stilling having the "boot off" problem.

All systems seem to be working fine, except whatever is causing the kick off the net issue. Turning the modem off by its self will not fix the problem, I have to completely restart my computer.

Any additional thoughts?

PS - I do not have Aventail - not even sure what it is.

Kim

Ask a Question