Outlook 2003 - Sharing over LAN

G

I have a LAN in my office using one central file server for shared documents and other files. I really would like to use the Outlook calendar to share files, i.e., calendar data amongst all client machines. Scenario: I would like shared calendar data to be located on a central server [as opposed to a client]. Functional desire: If I have my calendar open, and my secretary sets up an appointment on her machine, she can access my calendar, enter the appointment, and BAM, it will appear on my screen

If exchange is needed, so be it. Can I do what I want? If so, how

regard
Chuck Gibson

G

Thank you Sue, for the reply. I need, however, more information

Slipstick if familiar to me, as i ran across it while googling for solutions many months ago. The problem is that there seems gaps in information. From what I can gather, it is possible to allow a client calendar to be shared. It is also possible to share calendar data from a central location, but it requires exchange to do so

Is this correct?

S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Without Exchange, Outlook 2003 has no data sharing capability beyond free/busy information.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com
Author of
Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart
for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

Ask a Question