Ongoing Steam Sale

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Coupla bargains in latest listing I thought. Sonic Generations for £6.79, has been selling for 20 quid on Steam and I bought it from Amazon recently for 15 quid. It's very good, faithful to original Sonic games but updated engine & graphics. It does get pretty hard around the 4th level though so be warned on that one Review (Xbox).

Plus there's Bulletstorm for £7.49, I really enjoyed that one earlier in the year.

Myself, thinking about buying the Worms pack for £15, still undecided though, I seem to have about a zillion games to play atm.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Not a great selection today, Skyrim was on there yesterday! I havent spent a penny in the steam sale yet, unlike last year where i spent around £50 :blush:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Skyrim had been reduced to £20 for PC and £25 for Xbox in GAME stores just before Christmas.

It has sold millions already and I expect Bethesda have recouped the cost of the five years it took them to make the game plus made a very healthy profit. So, when initial sales levelled off I expect dropping the price was a good way of quickly bringing in some more profit.

I don't think I've ever seen a major game drop in price so quickly though.

I notice far Cry 2 is going cheap as well but I absolutely hated that game. Far Cry 1 was good and that's also cheap (£1.24) but it says it will only run on Win 2000/XP.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Far cry 2 was far too open and boring. Visually it was beautiful and setting fires was fun, but the fun soon dies after around 2 hours! Now far cry 1 is the shiznit, i prefer that over crysis.

Reaction score
Skyrim had been reduced to £20 for PC and £25 for Xbox in GAME stores just before Christmas.

It has sold millions already and I expect Bethesda have recouped the cost of the five years it took them to make the game plus made a very healthy profit. So, when initial sales levelled off I expect dropping the price was a good way of quickly bringing in some more profit.

I don't think I've ever seen a major game drop in price so quickly though.

I notice far Cry 2 is going cheap as well but I absolutely hated that game. Far Cry 1 was good and that's also cheap (£1.24) but it says it will only run on Win 2000/XP.

Flopps, FarCry 1 runs great on Win7, I have it running right now as a matter of fact just to be sure. I originally had the CD version, but I got the Steam version some time ago when it was on sale, just for the convenience. Anyway wanted to let you know in case you were holding back because of what it said about requiring Win 2000/XP (most likely that info just dates from when XP was the latest). Now if you'll excuse me, think I'll go wander around the jungle while it's up on my other screen :)

Reaction score
One thing I discovered, at least on my machine (i7 Sandybridge, Radeon 6970HD), it has everything set to low detail by default. So I max everything out and restart the game - and it won't load. So I drop all the settings and it loads fine again. So, then I maxed each setting one at a time, and now I have enough of them maxed to make the game look great. I'll continue maxing out the rest until I find which one is the culprit, then see how far I can push that one setting. But right now I'm too busy enjoying it, I'd forgotten just how great this game looked :)

EDIT: It was shadow quality. Even on medium it crashes. Guess I'll have to settle for low on that setting.

Last edited:

Ask a Question