The Darkness II

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Anybody else playing this?

Currently available on Steam for £30 I played the demo and found full game hard copy on Amazon for £20 so bought it.

This is my kind of game, very much old school fps but different enough to make it fresh. It's very gory, very gruesome, just played a boss level where I rip the guy's chest open and rip out his beating heart, all in nice detail, yuk, lol

From what I can gather though it is fairly short, I've played three hours so far. Seems to me few games lately make me play for long sessions but this one did. So, if you're interested 20 quid on Amazon or wait for the inevitable Steam sale.

Definite thumbs up from Mr Flops for this one.

Totally unrelated footnote: Gears Of War 3 on Xbox 360 is really good, despite being fps only playable with Gamepad, it's really quite playable and very good.

Reaction score
Totally unrelated footnote: Gears Of War 3 on Xbox 360 is really good, despite being fps only playable with Gamepad, it's really quite playable and very good.

Yeah A friend of mine got a new xbox before christmas from argos. Included was a free copy of Gears 3, not his type of game so gave it me.

It had only been out a couple weeks if I remember correctly so was made up :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I paid twenty quid for a used copy of GOW 3 so you done well Mr Dread :thumb:

Have played 6 hours on Darkness II now, like it a lot but fear it might be finishing soon. There's a great little monkey as your sidekick known as The Darkling who speaks in a cockney accent and swears and farts a lot, luvvit :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Welp, just finished it, that's 7 hours gameplay for 20 quid which when you consider other forms of entertainment is fair value I suppose. Certainly better value than both BF3 & CoD MW3 single player. When the game is finished a new mode opens up where you can play any level with all your gained settings and weapons at any difficulty level.

At one stage you have to make a choice which determines the ending so I'm going to go back and see how left click on the mouse pans out. And the ending was good for a computer game, which makes a nice change.

Think I'll go for a stroll in the park now, been sat in this chair most all day, time to blow the cobwebs away.

Reaction score
I played this game for a long time but I got tired of it. Now I started playing angry birds, it is really good game.

Reaction score
I played the darkness 2 a while back, creepy stuff lol.....Euro 47.00. Glad you liked GOW3 though.
Maybe now you will revisit the first two.
Just finished Ghost recon Future Soldier the other day. It's very good. At the moment i'm playing Max Payne 3 and its really worth picking up. Really.lol.
Schools out for summer now and results are back. B's and B+'s all round and i'm free till September woo hoo.

Ask a Question