More Steam Deals

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Usual bargains, these end around 18:00 hours Thursday 24th November.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - £3.74. It's flawed, as was the first one but as the first one was quite enjoyable I'm going for this.

Portal 2 - As Ian has mentioned elsewhere - £6.79

Duke Nukem Forever - £5.09 If you don't have it it's worth playing at that price.

Mass Effect 2 - £4.99 Bargain! and Bugger! I paid £14.99 for my hard copy and haven't even started it yet (still on ME1)

Some others as well, the complete Sam & Max series for £8.74 if you like that sort of thing (similar gameplay to Monkey Island) plus some I'm not familiar with.

I won't give a link as I'm logged into Steam atm but just go to Steam and look for 'Autumn Sale'.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Will you stop posting about cheapy games . I'm skint. :mad:

I just bought Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 and realMyst and Riven due to your post thats a whopping £11.46 that I can ill afford to spend. :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah yes the autumn sale. Was going to post about this yesterday but i had to go out.

TDU2 isn't worth that tbh, i regretted paying what i did for it back then.... Oh and they still haven't fixed the 'non default documents path issue'......

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Couple more good deals on there too..:nod:

Fallout New Vegas. Was £14.99. Now £3.74 (-75%)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum. Was 19.99. Now £6.79 (-66%).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah they change each day at 6pm our time. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TDU2 isn't worth that tbh, i regretted paying what i did for it back then.... Oh and they still haven't fixed the 'non default documents path issue'......

Oh................................ bugger :mad:

Haven't tried it yet.

TDU1 wasn't too bad, had it's quirks, like cheaper cars handling better than some expensive ones and driving around forever trying to find a mission but when it worked it was really quite good.

Still, won't be the first time I've wasted money buying cheap Steam games, have managed to splash out on a few turkeys, Braid and Devil May Cry 4 amongst them.

The two Crazylegs posted: Fallout New Vegas I found ultimately boring and lifeless, unlike Fallout 3 itself which was great. Roller Coaster Tycoon three is a fabulous game, imo, although I haven't played it in over two years now. I've actually seen it on Steam cheaper than that, it's gone for a fiver before, but for the main game and the two expansion packs, well worth the money.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I got Neverwinter Nights 2 in the sale - I haven't played the first one for about 6 years, but I remember really enjoying it at the time so I thought I'd give the second one a go! :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Also worth mentioning is LA Noire for PC for £17.49, I have it on Xbox and it's good. The action sequences are mild but the animation and detective work is good, driving and walking very much like Mafia II & GTA IV.

It's only been out about a week and was originally priced at £35 so it seems it hasn't been selling well, perhaps most would-be purchasers already own a console version.

Again, finishes 18:00 hours today (Friday).

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Darn this thread :mad:

That's the Monkey island pack for £3.75 and the serious Sam pack for £2.19 so a total of £ 5.94 for 4 games I guess that could be considered reasonable value. Now I'm even skinter than yesterday. :lol:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I got Neverwinter Nights 2 in the sale - I haven't played the first one for about 6 years,

NOOOOOO!!!!!! I hope my other half doesn't see this. She used to play NWN and I never got a look in :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Darn this thread :mad:

That's the Monkey island pack for £3.75 and the serious Sam pack for £2.19 so a total of £ 5.94 for 4 games I guess that could be considered reasonable value. Now I'm even skinter than yesterday. :lol:

Will keep you amused for hours though :D

The Serious Sam First & Second Encounters remade in HD is an absolute bargain. I bought those some months ago and they are still a lot of fun, I played both of them through quite quickly.

Word of warning though, even Normal difficulty is hard, try the setting one notch under that, it's still challenging but not frustrating.

I'm also suffering a reduction in bank balance here, I've been wanting Dead Island but refused to pay the full whack of 30 quid for it, it's up for £14.89 in latest Steam offers so that'll do.

Looks like I'm going to have to give the pub a miss for a night or two this weekend :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Yup hours of fun. That's 8 games for under £20. Thank goodness today is the last day of the sale. :D I tried the SSam demo some time ago which is why I bought the SSam pack cos it was gooooood. Don't remember what setting I played at though.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
NOOOOOO!!!!!! I hope my other half doesn't see this. She used to play NWN and I never got a look in :(

:lol:

I was really into the first one. Ian and I tried the two player game, but we have very different approaches so that didn't work at all. Ian jumps in all guns blazing, whereas I prefer to take it slowly, collect everything and do all the little side challenges :blush:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Another fantastic Steam deal here £1.74 and available only until 18:00pm today!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/48000/?snr=1_4_4__617

Gets great reviews too

Reviews

“Limbo is as close to perfect at what it does as a game can get.” 10/10 - Destructoid
"The game is a masterpiece." 5/5 - GiantBomb
“Limbo is genius. Freaky, weird genius. Disturbing, uncomfortable genius.” 5/5 - The Escapist
“Dark, disturbing, yet eerily beautiful, Limbo is a world that deserves to be explored.” 5/5 - Joystiq

Awards

Winner of more than 90 awards, including GameInformer’s “Best Downloadable”, GameSpot’s “Best Puzzle Game”, Kotaku’s “The Best Indie Game”, GameReactor’s “Digital Game of the Year”, Spike TV’s “Best Independent Game”, X-Play's “Best Downloadable Game” and IGN’s “Best Horror Game”

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I bought Limbo for £1.74 yesterday evening. I had tried the Xbox demo and it's good. Some very interesting puzzles, definitely one where the grey matter has to be used.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well, anyone else think this Steam sale was a bit pap?

I only got Limbo and i played the demo and actually quite liked it.....

*Waits patently for the xmas sales....* :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nah, I thought it was ok meself :)

I got:

Test Drive Unlimited 2 (which you tell me is a bit naff) £3.74
Monkey Island 2 Special Edition Le Chuck's Revenge £2.37
Dead Island £14.89
Limbo £1.74

And Serious Sam 3 for £23.99 but that wasn't in the sale, I got an extra 10% discount as I had the first two SS games in HD on Steam already.

And imo it's really good, up to level 11 atm and it's starting to get a bit hard.

I wasn't sure about Dead Island at first but after a coupla hours I like it a lot.

Plus Skyrim of course, I'm spoilt for choice atm

Almost bought a few of the Tom Clancy Rainbow series shooters but I'm still playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and thought enough is enough for now, I'm sure they will crop up in another sale soon enough.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I did nearly get Deadisland, think it may be cheaper in the xmas sales though. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
This yorkshireman thought the sales were darn good even if I did miss Limbo. :thumb:

Ask a Question