object linking and embedding

Reaction score
Greetings to all,

I have a network of 6 PC's, And i am using only two softwares. 1) MS Office 2000 and Lotus Notes.

I am facing problem in Office 2000. Whenever i execute Excell it gives error on startup cant use the object linking and embedding. And then when i press OK it gives reference memory at 0x00000196 memory could not be read. I have searched in this site and also in google many posts i have found it can be due to a Blaster Virus. But In my network we dont have an Internet connection at all. I have disconnect all the machines from network and re-formatted the macines and have installed all fresh softwares..and after completing it when i put back my machines in the network the problem started. We have Windows 2000 Prof with service pack 4 so I guess the patch of blaster virus is also applied.

Recently it also started giving error in Word too. document could not be register it will not be possible to create link with this document.

What can be the core reason..is it a chance of virus? If i upgrade my MS Office 2000 to MS Office 2003 or XP will my probles will get solved?

Awaiting for your kind help

- Saurabh

Ask a Question