I can no longer 'drag and drop' text.

Reaction score
This may or may not be an Office issue.
A few weeks ago, I noticed that I could no longer grab and drop text in my email app.
Now I see that I can't do it within MS-Office either.
The option is still ticked in Word.
I guess it could be Office, or maybe Windows.
All was well until a couple of weeks ago, & I can't recall doing anything different, especially in settings etc.
Win 10 - Office 2016

(the signature isn't for this kit)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi, I just Googled and found this solution has worked for a lot of people, so maybe worth a try.

When drag and drop doesn't work:

Left click a file, keeping the left click pressed, hit the Escape key, now release the left click. Hope it will do the trick and drag/drop will work for you again. Good luck. :)

Reaction score
Many thanks Taffy,
It dosn't work for me.
It was ok until recently, and I can't recall changing anything.
Thanks for your time friend.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Have you tried using a different mouse? Could be that the fault is in the mouse itself.

Worth ruling that out and easy to do. :)

Reaction score
thanks to all you guys.
I mentioned it to a young lad in the pub, and he looked it up and came back with "it's a windows fault. It came down with the last update. It's effected thousands of machines. They are aware of it and will fix next time".
Lo & behold, a few days later, it just returned to normal.
Good luck to others problems.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
thanks to all you guys.
I mentioned it to a young lad in the pub, and he looked it up and came back with "it's a windows fault. It came down with the last update. It's effected thousands of machines. They are aware of it and will fix next time".
Lo & behold, a few days later, it just returned to normal.
Good luck to others problems.
Oh that's great @furkin! So glad you have got it sorted and thanks for letting us know. All the best. :thumb:

Ask a Question