Excel Disallow movement of embedded PDF

Reaction score
HI all

I have embedded a PDF document as an object on an Excel Spread sheet.

I want to fix that PDF object in place. I have selected 'Don't move or size with cells' in the format options but it can still be moved.

I don't want to protect the worksheet as it needs to be edited by others.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hmmm that's a good question. I think you might need to lock the cells themselves so that they can't be changed, which you can do by protecting all or part of the workbook. All cells are locked by default, so if there are any cells that need to be editable then you need to unlock them first (select them > Properties > Protection > uncheck the Locked box), then you can apply the protection to the sheet / book. This is just theoretical, I don't have time to test it myself, but it's what I would try first.

Reaction score
OK I have played with Protect Worksheet. To get to where I need to be, I have to Protect the worksheet and select all options except Edit Objects.

This allows everything to be edited except objects. To my mind that is a bit counter-intuitive but that's how it is!!

Thank you for the nudge in the right direction Becky!!!

Ask a Question