not optimum mode

Reaction score
hi,just switch on my pc and got a message saying "not optimum mode"..recommended 1280x1024 60hz..the message is in a small box that is bouncing about the screen..ive tried clicking the mouse but nothing happens...it was working ok earlier on....any idea what to do ...i'm new to pc..kind regards theted

Reaction score
it seems the resolution and/or refresh rate is set too high.

I could be wrong though it maybe another reason.

Try booting into safe mode and adjusting to a standard 1024,768 at 60hz to start with

Reaction score
theted said:
hi,just switch on my pc and got a message saying "not optimum mode"..recommended 1280x1024 60hz..the message is in a small box that is bouncing about the screen..ive tried clicking the mouse but nothing happens...it was working ok earlier on....any idea what to do ...i'm new to pc..kind regards theted

restart your PC and gointo safe mode, change your screen res to 1280x1024 and set feq at 60Mhz as said, then save, restart your PC and all should be fine...

Ask a Question