image size error

Reaction score
hi,ive got a acer espire notebook {1690}the trouble is everytime i bootup the pc i get "image size error".monitor..when i press x to delete the error it never reappears again {only time it reappears is when i bootup}..ive asked acer what the problem might be and they told me to download the latest display driver and delete the old one..Well i did what they said but i,m still getting the same problem..my pc seems to be working ok...hope someone can help me out with this problem as i want to sell the notebook...running win xp home...kind regards theted.:(

Reaction score
hi, ive managed to stop the message appearing on bootup by going into start >run >and typing "msconfig" >ok >startup > i then unticked "check"...took me a hour to disable each box till i found what box was giving me this error message:D..hope i dont cause any damage by unticking this box...theted

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
sounds like your running at the wrong screen settings

:user:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
sounds like your running at the wrong screen settings

user.gif
hi muckshifter,can you please tell me what are the best screen settings to use ...

muckshifter

Reaction score
theted said:
hi muckshifter,can you please tell me what are the best screen settings to use ...
Undo your msconfig settings, it only supposed to be use for troubleshooting in finding what may be causing a problem ... it ain't a fix, just use for diagnostics.

Also, tell me what it was you ticked to "fix" the error in msconfig ... :thumb:

Then I'll need to know what screen resolution you are currently using, right-click anywhere on the desktop and then left click on Properties from the menu that appears.

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Undo your msconfig settings, it only supposed to be use for troubleshooting in finding what may be causing a problem ... it ain't a fix, just use for diagnostics.

Also, tell me what it was you ticked to "fix" the error in msconfig ... :thumb:

Then I'll need to know what screen resolution you are currently using, right-click anywhere on the desktop and then left click on Properties from the menu that appears.

user.gif
hi,the screen resolutions are set to 1280 by 800...i unticked "check"....the colour quality is set to the highest setting {32 bit}...how do i undo the msconfig settings..do i untick everything ...thanks theted...hi muckshifter...in mscofig >startup...every box has a tick apart from a box thats named ."check"...on this setting the error message is not dispayed...

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
oops

theted said:
hi,the screen resolutions are set to 1280 by 800...i unticked "check"....the colour quality is set to the highest setting {32 bit}...how do i undo the msconfig settings..do i untick everything ...thanks theted
Yes, to "un-do" what you did, do the reverse. ;)

Your choice, 1280 x 800 is a little wrong (1280 x 1024 is a std setting for a 19" monitor), I'm not surprised its moaning at you ... I never seen a laptop with a 19" monitor ... you really need to set that to 1024 x 800 as a maximum, 32 bit is fine.

What size is the monitor ?

Reaction score
hi muckshifter,i tried these settings and unticked all the boxes in startup apart from "check"...when i booted up i couldn't get on line and i am still getting the error message...thanks theted

muckshifter

Reaction score
ah, then you'll probably find 800 x 600 a better setting for that monitor... try the other and see.

muckshifter

Reaction score
couldn't get online ??

you have more of a problem than just screen resolution ... ??

Reaction score
hi,ive tried all the screen resolutions settings but i'm still getting the error message..yes when i untick all the boxes in startup i cant get on line...thanks theted

muckshifter

Reaction score
I'm sorry I said anything now ...

:lol:

Your system probably needs a good spanking ... better put things back as they were, but your screen reg is too high ... try 1024 x 800.

You do have all the latest drivers?

Reaction score
hi,yes i went into the acer site and got the latest drivers..i think i'll get it into my local pc repair shop for a service...:user: its not had a service for 3 years...i'll need to save up the pennys:( ...all the best theted

Ask a Question