Cant get A picture on screen

Reaction score
hello all..

i recently brought a second hand pc but it had one of those annoying bulk monitors so decided to buy a dell flat screen monitor but when i plugged it into my pc i dont get no picture.. when it loads i see the windows xp screen where it is loading but after that i cant see nothing.. it comes up on a plain black screen and says ( cannot display this video mode optimum resolution 1280 x 1024 60hz ) just wondering if i can adjust the pc or screen so that it works. as this bulk screen is way to small to watch football on... i know the flat dell monitor works so wonder what the problem is.. can anyone help please

kind regards and thank you for any help recieved.

jason

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
It sounds like you have the resolution on your graphics card set too high for what your monitor can handle, either that or the refresh rate is wrong.

Change your resolution and refresh rate to what it suggests in the message and you should be fine.

Ask a Question