no incoming mail

slotsky

while i can receive my verizon email on the verizon site, for the last week
these verizon mails have not been coming in on windows mail. last week it
said i had 8 messages in my in-box but they were not displayed and i was not
able to access them through windows mail . this is the message i get:
An unknown error has occurred. Account: '(e-mail address removed)', Server:
'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x80004005

help, please!

Gary VanderMolen

The mail account may be corrupted. One thing you should try as a
possible quick fix is to delete that corrupted mail account, restart
Windows Mail, then recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)