Can'tsend e-mails

SSein

Can't send e-mails from my verizon mail account.

Error:
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Read: Opportunities for
CPR/AED certification classes at St. Bede's in July', Account:
'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Please advise

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

That server (outgoing.verizon.net) is working for me.
When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
obtained from Verizon, or were you away from home? If the latter,
you're running into a port 25 block. Let us know your circumstances,
and we can suggest some workarounds.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"SSein" wrote in message
Can't send e-mails from my verizon mail account.

Error:
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Read: Opportunities for
CPR/AED certification classes at St. Bede's in July', Account:
'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Please advise

SSein

I was trying to send from my home verizon account. I did, however, go back
thru my two e-mail accounts (one was working fine & it's server was not
verizon; 1and1) to compare settings. I found my verizon incoming e-mail user
name was not my complete e-mail(?). So I corrected that and now it seems to
be sending & receiving e-mail ok. I hope that is the end of this problem.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.