can receive but not send emails.

ToniK

I have been unable to send emails for the past few days.. I have never had a
problem before and I have checked all ofmy settings- the seem to be ok.. I am
recieving emails.. this is the message I am getting.. help!

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'twsting', Account:
'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
obtained from Verizon? If not, what you experienced is normal. As a
general rule, the owner of the port 25 SMTP server you are using must be
the same as the entity providing your Internet connection at that moment.

Let us know your circumstances (away from home on vacation?), and
we'll give you some workarounds.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)