I can't send emails

delamunn

Here's the error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'(e-mail address removed)', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

That server (outgoing.verizon.net) is working for me.
When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
obtained from Verizon, or were you away from home? If the latter,
you're running into a port 25 block. Let us know your circumstances,
and we can suggest some workarounds.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"delamunn" wrote in message
Here's the error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'(e-mail address removed)', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

delamunn

Thanks, my connection was obtained from Verizon and I was on my home computer
when I received the error message. Luckily, the problem has cleared itself
up this morning and I am able to send emails again. Thanks for the offer to
help.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.
Apparently the Verizon mail servers were having trouble yesterday.

"delamunn" wrote in message
Thanks, my connection was obtained from Verizon and I was on my home computer
when I received the error message. Luckily, the problem has cleared itself
up this morning and I am able to send emails again. Thanks for the offer to
help.

elijah.russell

"delamunn" wrote in message
Thanks, my connection was obtained from Verizon and I was on my home computer
when I received the error message. Luckily, the problem has cleared itself
up this morning and I am able to send emails again. Thanks for the offer to
help.

.

elijah.russell

please fix the problem

"delamunn" wrote in message
Thanks, my connection was obtained from Verizon and I was on my home computer
when I received the error message. Luckily, the problem has cleared itself
up this morning and I am able to send emails again. Thanks for the offer to
help.

.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

There is only one problem in the whole realm of email? :)

We can't help you unless you provide details of *your* problem,
complete with a verbatim copy of the error message you are getting.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"(e-mail address removed)" wrote in message
please fix the problem

stowboy711

I am a novice when it comes to ports and pop accounts ...but I did change mine from 25 to 587 and it WORKED!! My email now sends!

Thanks everyone!