unable to send mail

baymomj

i get this message. i did not have a problem til 3 days ago.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'address', Account:
'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Gary VanderMolen

Looks like you are running into a port 25 block. When you got that error
message, was your Internet connection being obtained from Verizon?

I'm not sure if Verizon supports it, but try changing port 25 to port 587
for the outgoing server.

If you need more help, tell us your circumstances (sending from a laptop
while away from home, etc.).

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"baymomj" wrote in message
i get this message. i did not have a problem til 3 days ago.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'address', Account:
'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

hsv

Hi, I cannot send mail either. Getting the same error message. 2 days now!
Helen

"baymomj" wrote in message

i get this message. i did not have a problem til 3 days ago.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'address', Account:
'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Gary VanderMolen

Don't keep your error message a secret. It is the key to solving what
is wrong. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into
a reply here.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)