no games work in xp pro

G

I recently fully installed win xp pro, also upgraded to a geforce 4 video card. I've installed several games (everquest, age of mythology, sims). No game I install will actually work! They will all initialize but when I click play, the screen goes black and the computer locks up. I've played with the video settings and refresh rates, I've tried them in compatability for win 98 (what I used to run the games in), but nothing works. Is there a problem with Nvidia geforce cards and xp pro?

J

Jimmy S.

Hi,

I've posted some suggestions to your 2nd post.
I hope it helps! ;-)

Cheers,
Jimmy.

| I recently fully installed win xp pro, also upgraded to a geforce 4 video card. I've installed several games (everquest, age of
mythology, sims). No game I install will actually work! They will all initialize but when I click play, the screen goes black and
the computer locks up. I've played with the video settings and refresh rates, I've tried them in compatability for win 98 (what I
used to run the games in), but nothing works. Is there a problem with Nvidia geforce cards and xp pro?

Ask a Question