Should I upgrade?

Reaction score
Hello :)
I play sims 4 on my Macbook Pro early 2015, and overall it runs pretty well, but i would like it to run even better like you know every time i build a big house or something the game starts lacking and it just could run better generally, and my macbook is getting waaaay too hot to, so i've been looking on a budget gaming laptop called Acer nitro 5 with following:
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4 GB
  • Intel Core i5-8300H processor
  • 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 256 GB SSD
But i'm so confused, i don't really now anything about pc's and i'm so happy for my macbook pro so i'm scared of buying this new pc and figure it out that it's just as bad as my macbook, in that case i rather keep my macbook..
i want the new pc to run more smooth and have better graphics and not lacking or get slower. Btw i have ALL the packs to sims 4 so it takes a lot too - will this acer nitro disappoint me or will it run better and make me not regret? anyone have experience? i hope you understand, my english could be better :)

Thank you! :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :).

That's a fairly nicely spec'd laptop, so I don't think you'd be disappointed with it. Do you know the specs of your existing MacBook Pro so we can compare things? I'd be very surprised if the new laptop didn't run the Sims 4 significantly better. It may still get hot - that's a problem with most laptops when running intensive applications or games. As this is a gaming laptop, it will likely have better thermal properties however.

Just as an aside, you mentioned that you have all of the Sims 4 packs - however you're running the Sims on MacOS (I guess). I'm not sure if the licenses will be transferable to Windows, it may depend on how your bought it.

Reaction score
Thank you very much! I’m so glad to hear that! :)
I don’t really know what Mac I have actually but I have this picture with some of the specs, I don’t know where to find the rest, it’s doesn’t mentioned how many GB drive but I know it’s 128 GB :)

Yeah, I was worried about that but I don’t have space for a stationary so I must just accept it, it’s okay as long it’s runs better :)

Ugh! I hope that! :blush:
I bought it on origin, and when I bought the base game back in 2014 it was on windows, luckily the game still worked when I got the MacBook, my sisters play on my account to on a windows, so I think it is transfer able, but I will definitely examine that the packs also follows!

Thank you for your answer! It was very helpful :)

Attachments

• E6C39E27-43B4-4F68-A84A-C26831C38A57.jpeg
    E6C39E27-43B4-4F68-A84A-C26831C38A57.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 188

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that photo :). You'll be pleased to hear that the 1050Ti will knock the spots off the Intel Iris 6100 - the NVIDIA graphics card is soooooooo much faster!

Great news about the Sims working on multiple platforms with Origin, that's very handy.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that photo :). You'll be pleased to hear that the 1050Ti will knock the spots off the Intel Iris 6100 - the NVIDIA graphics card is soooooooo much faster!

Great news about the Sims working on multiple platforms with Origin, that's very handy.

Amazing! I definitely know what to do now! :) thank you so much for your time and help!

Ask a Question