Newsgroup Readers in Vista

SAM-R

In XP I use Outlook Express but no Outlook Express in Vista. What Newsgroup
Readers are you using in Vista?

PowerUser

Related question- An alternative to OE for reading Hotmail messages on
Vista- Any idea? (Windows Mail doesn't support Hotmail anymore)

Lang Murphy

Windows Live Desktop

Lang

PowerUser said:
Related question- An alternative to OE for reading Hotmail messages on
Vista- Any idea? (Windows Mail doesn't support Hotmail anymore)

Max

Outlook (the REAL one) still 'supports' Hotmail, I believe. As long as you
have the paid Hotmail subscription.

Beck

PowerUser said:
Related question- An alternative to OE for reading Hotmail messages on
Vista- Any idea? (Windows Mail doesn't support Hotmail anymore)

windows live mail desktop beta. Although it is still in buggy beta stage.
Also does pop email, rss and newsgroups.
http://ideas.live.com

mikeyhsd

HotPop is what I use.
works as proxy server to read hotmail in WM.

(e-mail address removed)

Related question- An alternative to OE for reading Hotmail messages on
Vista- Any idea? (Windows Mail doesn't support Hotmail anymore)

Mike

Kerry Brown said:
I have a registered version of Agent but I prefer OE or Windows Mail for
text groups.

Agent is great for downloading binaries, but is brain-dead when it comes to
everyday reading/replying. Agent's 1980s "offline" style of operation
drives me crazy.

Windows Mail *is* Outlook Express with a few new features - like the ability
to FINALLY TURN OFF TOP POSTING!!!

Mike

PowerUser

I knew about this (I know I should've mentioned this) but I wasn't very
enthused by the ads. Plus- It's is bad beta- Way too many bugs to be relied
on.

PowerUser

Will check this out. Thanks.
HotPop is what I use.
works as proxy server to read hotmail in WM.

(e-mail address removed)

Related question- An alternative to OE for reading Hotmail messages on
Vista- Any idea? (Windows Mail doesn't support Hotmail anymore)

PowerUser

Forgot about Outlook! I have preferred OE over Outlook for it's simplicity,
mostly, but I guess I'll seriously consider Outlook now. They shouldn't
have removed Hotmail support from OE. That was one of the most important
reasons for me sticking with Hotmail.

BTW, I am not a paying customer (and do not intend becoming one either) and
I've not had any problems using OE with Hotmail.

Beck

PowerUser said:
I knew about this (I know I should've mentioned this) but I wasn't very
enthused by the ads. Plus- It's is bad beta- Way too many bugs to be
relied on.

I don't like the layout much, you cannot see your emails when in newsgroup
view.

Dan

PowerUser said:
Forgot about Outlook! I have preferred OE over Outlook for it's simplicity,
mostly, but I guess I'll seriously consider Outlook now. They shouldn't
have removed Hotmail support from OE. That was one of the most important
reasons for me sticking with Hotmail.

BTW, I am not a paying customer (and do not intend becoming one either) and
I've not had any problems using OE with Hotmail.

Hotmail is fine. I don't understand why Microsoft is considering
phasing it out.

PowerUser

They want you to see the ads in Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta I guess. (OE
and Windows Mail in Vista are ad free)