Outrlook Express in Vista

Raul

installed Vista on my computer and now Outlook express is gone.

What news readers are available for vista? OR can I install Outlook Express
back? how?

thanks,
Raul Rego

Mike Brannigan

Raul said:
installed Vista on my computer and now Outlook express is gone.

What news readers are available for vista? OR can I install Outlook
Express back? how?

thanks,
Raul Rego

It's now called Windows Mail and will be on your PC, but is pretty much
just the latest version of OE.
(Yes it is what you use to read newsgroups, even if the name implies it is
just mail)

David R. Norton, MVP Shell/User

Raul said:
installed Vista on my computer and now Outlook express is gone.

What news readers are available for vista?

The same as have always been available. Windows Mail replaces OE and
will work about the same for newsgroups. If you want a better
newsreader all the various newsreaders that were available in XP will
work in Vista. I'm using Xnews in Vista Ultimate 64 with no problems.

Michael Jennings

It is possible to run XP on a virtual machine in Vista. I think Richard Urban
said he was using OE instead of WinMail while running Vista via a VM. To
run Outlook Express you need XP. You could dual boot - that's what I do,
but I recently installed Microsoft's VM because I'm looking to get both at
once rather than either one or the other. You could investigate newsreaders.

XanaNews works even in Vista 64 bit, it appears from comments:
http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/xananews.htm

This incomplete listing of newsreaders doesn't say which work with Vista:
http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

Scott

installed Vista on my computer and now Outlook express is gone.

What news readers are available for vista? OR can I install Outlook Express
back? how?

Now there's a question I've not seen in the past 48 hours.
--
Scott http://angrykeyboarder.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
NOTICE: In-Newsgroup (and therefore off-topic) comments on my sig will
be cheerfully ignored, so don't waste our time.

Scott

The same as have always been available. Windows Mail replaces OE and
will work about the same for newsgroups. If you want a better
newsreader all the various newsreaders that were available in XP will
work in Vista. I'm using Xnews in Vista Ultimate 64 with no problems.

I didn't realize that program was around. I remember using it years
ago. It was pretty good (especially for the price).

--
Scott http://angrykeyboarder.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
NOTICE: In-Newsgroup (and therefore off-topic) comments on my sig will
be cheerfully ignored, so don't waste our time.

Scott

XanaNews works even in Vista 64 bit, it appears from comments:
http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/xananews.htm

This incomplete listing of newsreaders doesn't say which work with Vista:
http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

It is possible to run XP on a virtual machine in Vista. I think Richard Urban
said he was using OE instead of WinMail while running Vista via a VM. To
run Outlook Express you need XP. You could dual boot - that's what I do,
but I recently installed Microsoft's VM because I'm looking to get both at
once rather than either one or the other. You could investigate newsreaders.

But Windows mail is the same thing, only prettier. Why go to that
much trouble.

Frankly it would be easier just to use something else (and most
anything else is better anyway).

--
Scott http://angrykeyboarder.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Scott said:
But Windows mail is the same thing, only prettier. Why go to that
much trouble.

Frankly it would be easier just to use something else (and most
anything else is better anyway).

WinMail sucks, Scott. That's why Raul, Urban and I want good old OE.