New Gaming PC for around £650

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sorry if i missed this but i aint read all the thread. Are you looking for a complete system? Tower, monitor, keyboard and mouse etc?

Reaction score
Just the tower really, got all the other bits for now. I'm going to upgrade my monitor but that can wait for now.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
On a sidenote here a mate of mine just threw out a Dell from 2002, I'd never seen one before.

1.8 Intel; ATI Rage Pro; 512Mb SDR Memory; 40Gb hard drive; DVD-ROM Drive; a floppy drive and a 300W PSU.

I have to say it's incredibly well built :eek: First time I've seen inside one.

Nice case, neat layout and a rather good CPU venting system. I was surprised.

Somebody had added a Linksys WMP54G wireless card as well.

I considered just bunging Win 98 on it for to play Shadow Man and the like and went hither to the Dell site for the drivers.

But here's the rub:

It will only operate on Win XP or MS-DOS.

At which stage I refer you to my earlier statement ;)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
On a sidenote here a mate of mine just threw out a Dell from 2002, I'd never seen one before.

1.8 Intel; ATI Rage Pro; 512Mb SDR Memory; 40Gb hard drive; DVD-ROM Drive; a floppy drive and a 300W PSU.

I have to say it's incredibly well built :eek: First time I've seen inside one.

Nice case, neat layout and a rather good CPU venting system. I was surprised.

Somebody had added a Linksys WMP54G wireless card as well.

;)

Hmmm, well built eh ? Rather good CPU venting system nother eh?:p
Zzzzz

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
But here's the rub:

It will only operate on Win XP or MS-DOS.

At which stage I refer you to my earlier statement ;)
Just :lol:

Love the way you put things flops

Back to OP, Check out Cyberpower systems and OcUK. Both make good machines. :)

Just check with us before you order. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Snipersunset said:
http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Gamer_Infinity_i7_DDR3_Configurator/

What do you guys think?
Also which wireless do i need to add to it?

That's very good for the money but the power supply and video card are a bit rubbish.

See if you can swap out the PSU for something 500 to 600 watts from Corsair; OCZ or Seasonic and go for a least a 9800 series video card or consider one of the upper range ATI cards, they're cheap as chips at the moment.

Any decent brand name wireless NIC will do but it's worth bearing in mind that apparently Linksys have refused to make drivers for Win Seven for their popular WMP54G card (I have two of them). Microsoft have made drivers to suit it but first you have to get online to download them :confused:

Worth a thought, anyhow.

If you're using a router or modem local to this machine you won't need wireless of course, just use an ethernet cable into the motherboard onboard LAN.

That has the makings of a good system at a reasonable price providing you can change the PSU and video card.

Reaction score
Man that looks like a savij ma sheen to me but listen to the man above and take a look at the gear in his masheen...i have a feeling he knows his stuff.....also dont be in a hurry to buy cos you'll have to live with it....buying on impulse isnt usually a good idea....wait a bit longer and the folks here wont let you down.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Snipersunset said:
Is the graphics card pretty good?

Yes, it will run all the new games, I have got one in my system as well see my sig, and its been a great card.

Out of all the systems that does have the better graphics card in it. What are you going to mainly use it for?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
They don't give the make of the power supply and there are a lot of crap power supplies out there.

They also supply Vista with it.

Vista will soon be dead, gone and unlamented.

Ask them if you will get a licence for an upgrade to Win 7 when it's released with your copy of Vista.

If you don't, you're wasting money.

Sorry to sound so negative but these are things you should be aware of.

Reaction score
They will all do what you want them to do, but out of all of them I would probably go for the first one as that has a slightley better graphics card than the rest. Or if you can aford a bit more then maybe the third one as thats faster, I doubt weather you would notice much difference in the graphics tbh.

Ask a Question