New Case + PSU

Reaction score
Hello All,
Im thinking of buying a new case with a psu and fans included. Will it be difficult to transfer components from my old pc to new? Will i need to change any settings? All the components will be kept the same except for a change of psu from 250w to 450w.

Reaction score
what form case is the old one, and what is the new one,are they compatible if so no problem.

Reaction score
they are both atx
I was told that motherboard power settings may need to be changed if the psu is changed. Is this true?

Reaction score
No Make sure you put everything into the new ATX case exactly the same way as the old.

I see no problem, as the PC will set automatically/adjust.

the PSU is just an upgrade so every thing should be OK.

Reaction score
what if you are puting a old compaq into a new case?? will it let you because its a special motherbored??? I was always curious about this because im planing on switching mine.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
there should be no problem CS have a look at it and compare it to your other rig

Reaction score
You *might* need to take the PSU out to make it easier to put in the motherboard, but it should be fine :)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Sunny112: You should have no troubles. It should be a easy straight swap, and you wont have to do any re-configuration.

CSUnited14:If the Compaq board has standard ATX mounting holes, and the I/O plate complies with ATX standards, then you should have no trouble too.

Reaction score
hmmm thats what i thought but the compaq has special holes to mount the holder for the heat sink and fan which make sit akwars\d and i would half to rig it to hold my heatsink and fan in a new case

Ask a Question