Nagware vote results

hummingbird

There is no 'but'.
Whatever the rights and wrongs of JC's argument, you don't go
impersonating someone in order to make a point. If you're too afraid
to post under your own identity, don't bother posting at all.

Rotfl. Another JC.

hummingbird

The way I see it there are only two people with bad feelings. At least
one of them has capitulated and laid it to rest.

From other comments I've read, JC has only put it to rest for a while.
Your mind-reading skills aren't too well developed are they.

John Corliss

hummingbird said:
(snip)
Too bad he lost his own poll. Hopefully he'll calm down for a while
and accept that he doesn't own a.c.f.

Stop generalizing. I never believed that and you know it. And now maybe
you'll stop trying to get a reaction out of me. OKAY? Yes, I've read
your posts and note them.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)

hummingbird

Stop generalizing. I never believed that and you know it.

I know nothing of the sort John. You only have to read other posts
to see that several others drew the same conclusion.
And now maybe
you'll stop trying to get a reaction out of me. OKAY? Yes, I've read
your posts and note them.

I was never trying to get a reaction from you. To avoid dragging this
out, I'll leave it at that.

badgolferman

From other comments I've read, JC has only put it to rest for a while.
Your mind-reading skills aren't too well developed are they.

From other comments I read it seems you are the one poking at the bear.
Maybe it is you who won't put it to rest.

Daniel Mandic

Peter said:
Daniel Mandic - 03.05.2006 23:47 :

if this should be Bavarian slang it should be "A hoid dei Bappm..."
;-)

I'm Bavarian, born and living in Munich, Germany, Bavaria... ;-)

And you?

We are the one, who have hold Bavaria, once upon a time :). Maybe not
concrete me, bez I am from there too (Northern Ausrtria and Schwäbisch,
as well as Hungary, Serbia and Hrvatska... Slowenie might be too - in
short, an Austrian ;-))

Sure, i forgot the Apostrophe ... Pappn'

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Daniel Mandic

Andy said:
In message

Daniel, the cat's on your keyboard again...

Yes, yoou are a complete Right. But my cats cannot move the position of
the started app to the lower right position.

Be careful.

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

John Corliss

hummingbird said:
I know nothing of the sort John. You only have to read other posts
to see that several others drew the same conclusion.

Do you speak for the group then? Do you even speak for anybody else in
fact? If so, they are as facetiously wrong as you.
I was never trying to get a reaction from you. To avoid dragging this
out, I'll leave it at that.

Right, that's why you posted a message while pretending to be me:

_______________________________
From: John Corliss <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: Nagware vote results
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 17:17:54 +0100

<yawn> ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZz..............
_______________________________

Over and out.

Susan Bugher

John said:
There were a total of 62 valid votes. 29 no, 33 yes.

The Nagware poll has been added to the Posting Tips page:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/Posting.php

<q>
A Nagware poll was taken in April 2006.
Subject: Poll: Call for a vote:
Date: April 29, 2006

The question:
Except in the context of describing features that one is looking for in
a freeware program, should discussion of nagware be considered on-topic
in this group?

The results were posted on May 3, 2006.
There were a total of 62 valid votes. 29 no, 33 yes.
</q>

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

Oh yes it is; as is your "From: " header.

Neither is my From header broken. What do imagine is wrong with his
sig? What do you imagine is wrong with my From header?

KeithS

John said:
Right, that's why you posted a message while pretending to be me:

....and then, for some strange reason known only to himself, suggested
that I was another you.
Odd person, perhaps he forget to take his medicine?

The Seabat

I don't see anything wrong with J.C.'s sig or your header. I think
it's his (Mabbett's) newsreader that's broken.

badgolferman

The Seabat, 5/4/2006, 12:53:22 PM,
I don't see anything wrong with J.C.'s sig or your header. I think
it's his (Mabbett's) newsreader that's broken.

I believe there was some facetiousness going on.

Klaatu

Sorry I missed the original vote, but I am against posting of nagware
UNLESS it is clearly noted, and then only if little or no freeware
exists for the task.

I, too, missed the original vote, but would have voted "no" if I hadn't.

Steve H

I don't see anything wrong with J.C.'s sig or your header. I think
it's his (Mabbett's) newsreader that's broken.

I think you'll find it's his life that's broken.

hummingbird

Do you speak for the group then?

Whatever gives you that idea? Projecting won't help you I'm afraid.
Do you even speak for anybody else in
fact? If so, they are as facetiously wrong as you.

yada yada.
Right, that's why you posted a message while pretending to be me:

Whoever posted that message was probably tired of reading your
incessant posts about "Nagware software" and just trying to get
the message across to you. Obviously it didn't work too well.

hummingbird

...and then, for some strange reason known only to himself, suggested
that I was another you.
Odd person, perhaps he forget to take his medicine?

Hey! If you look like a duck, walk like a duck, talk like a duck,
you are a duck!

Andy Mabbett

The Seabat said:
I don't see anything wrong with J.C.'s sig or your header. I think it's
his (Mabbett's) newsreader that's broken.

I see you're as clueless as they are.