N0 sound on a Fujitsu-Siemens Amillo pro V3515 laptop

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I have just reinstalled Windows XP Pro on this laptop for a friend who wanted it doing. I have got all the drivers from the fujitsu site for everything as he didnt have the cd for them, and everything is installed and working fine apart from the audio, and I just cant seem to get this to work. It worked fine before the install, so I'm presumming its not a hardware fault.

Any ideas of what I can try to get it working?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If it ain't a hardware fault, it must be a user error then. ;)

Speakers plugged in ? ... I once spent 3 hours fixing an audio problem because of that ... also, are they turned on? :D

What audio chip is it supposed to be using?

Any yellow in Device Mangler?

:user:

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Well I'm trying to use the built in speakers (although have already tried plugging in external ones).
Not too sure on the audio chip, although this page http://facts.fujitsu-siemens.com/dsp_pl.cfm?lid=149 says the v3515 has the following audio " Conexant Sound controller embedded in VIA VT8237A, internal microphones "

There is one item, in the Device manager (screenshot attached) , which I presume is the audio device, although no matter what i try I cant seem to find a driver to install correctly.

When I try to install the Audio driver from support section of fujitsu site for this laptop I get the following ERROR message "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for this driver." which somewhat bemuses me as thats the one from Fujitsu-Siemens.

I'm not normally stumped with computer issues, although this one has really got me tearing my hair out. :(

Any ideas please for what else I could try?

Attachments

• devicescreen.JPG
    devicescreen.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 5,083

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Hmm, cheers Mucks - I found that same driver on another site at about the same time you posted it.

Anyway, I tried to install it, but the install failed (cant remember the error). But I restarted anyway, just to check things, and the sys came back with still no sound, although the yellow thingy in device manager had changed to another yellow thingy but with a different name - Connexant HD Audio something-or-other. It at least looked like the audio device had been detected as something now though, so as a stab in the dark I gave the first fujitsu drivar install a try again (the one that couldnt find the MEDIA device), and hey presto....it installed and worked fine :)

No idea why it was such a pain though, oh well...got there in the end.

Cheers for you pointers.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
No problem ... that thing ain't using a true sound chip, it's implanted/embedded in the Southbridge.

All's well that ends well. :thumb:

:user:

Reaction score
Cache-man said:
Hmm, cheers Mucks - I found that same driver on another site at about the same time you posted it.

Anyway, I tried to install it, but the install failed (cant remember the error). But I restarted anyway, just to check things, and the sys came back with still no sound, although the yellow thingy in device manager had changed to another yellow thingy but with a different name - Connexant HD Audio something-or-other. It at least looked like the audio device had been detected as something now though, so as a stab in the dark I gave the first fujitsu drivar install a try again (the one that couldnt find the MEDIA device), and hey presto....it installed and worked fine :)

No idea why it was such a pain though, oh well...got there in the end.

Cheers for you pointers.

Hi guys my girlfriend just bought the same portable and has that problem now since she installed XP can you tell the website you took the VIA drivers from. Are the ones indicated muckshifter at the VIA website the same or is there anything different in the ones u got.

I tried to send you a mail but I guess the mail is not working. Just to resume the procedure is to install those VIA drivers. That will fix the PCI device problem. Only then instal the HD drivers from siemens. Correct?

We are really getting nuts with this please let me know ASAP.

Thank you so much!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what worked for me.

First try the drivers from this page http://www.viaarena.com/default.asp...10&SubCatID=154
Then if that still fails, then try the official Fujitsu_Siemens ones from here http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/support/downloads.html (enter "v3515" in the search box, then tick the boxes for Audio, and Windows XP, and click Go which will take you to the official drivers page for the laptop - You'll want this driver "Audio (on board) [Conexant - High Definition Audio]" from the page)

Reaction score
hi ,
This problem just have appeared to me since i had this laptop 6 years ago And this is the first time :((
cannot find the driver u mentioned Any help plz :(

Reaction score
As it's a 4.5 year old thread perhaps the links are void now?
Have you tried google or driversguide for the drivers you need?

Oh and welcome to the forum.:thumb:

Reaction score
As it's a 4.5 year old thread perhaps the links are void now?
Have you tried google or driversguide for the drivers you need?

Oh and welcome to the forum.:thumb:

I already have this drive from Siemens website and have the utilities & Drives CD ,None of them works with the drive and this happens to me for the first time !!!!
Any ideas !!

Ask a Question