fujitsu siemens problem

Reaction score
I bought an amilo 1630 worst pc ever
There are no words to describe their products or services.(hoRRible is the tip of the iceburg!!!)
Here are the emails that I have sent regarding my problems

Dear Gisela Hummitzsch,

There are a couple of points that I would like you to note.

1)First when I bought my computer and upgraded at the time of buying, the ram that originally came with was taken

away(BY COSMOS MICROCOMPUTER) and I was given the new ram. So there is no way that the original configuration could

be kept.

2)When I bought the computer I wasn't shown any service level agreement by cosmos micro computer. I was only told

that the extended warrently covered everything on the invoice. And fujitsu siemens keeps track of everything as

they have some sort of a global databases for the computers sold.

3)I bought my computer from an authorized seller of Fujitsu Siemens products,(cosmos micro computer) and not from

someone of the street. I expected integrity, transparency, efficiency and honesty, as they represent Fujitsu

Siemens. Apparently they lack all these qualities. Now I begin to think that a boo boo has been made, a blame game

is starting and there is no one to take responsibility.

4)I sent my computer for repair 3 times within the first year of purchase. For the first 2 times to repair the

computer it took 1 month!!!!. So after owning the computer for 1 year, I have only been able to use it for 10

months!!!!.(WHICH IS QUITE SHOCKING) You can verify this with your internal records.

5)The computer overheats on a regular basis. It sounds like a jet taking off. It is extremely extremely likely that

the ram was damaged by the heat from the computer. I can't even run a virus scan on my computer without it heating

up, making some noise, and then instantly shutting down.

Taking all this into account, I want a new and working computer, with same or better specs.

Kind Regards,
Dhaval

On 11/22/06, Fujitsu Siemens Computers Technical Support wrote:

Kundennummer: 23077958

Sehr geehrter Herr Degean,

the notebook with the serial number YSNA025832 was shipped with 2 SODIMM Memory modules 256MB PC333 DDR. So this

notebook came with 512 mb ram and only this original shipped configuration is covered by the warranty. For all

problems resulting from any upgrade you must contact the person or dealer who did the upgrade. So please set back

the notebook in the original shipped state and if the problem is still existent please contact your local helpdesk

for a warranty repair. Please notice that any defects or malfunctions etc resulting from damages during the upgrade

process are not covered by Fujitsu-Siemens warranty, too. To see this in detail please take a look at the warranty

conditions attached.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Gisela Hummitzsch
--
Fujitsu Siemens Computers GmbH
Service BM

Beachten Sie bitte, dass Sie bei weiteren Emails bezueglich des gleichen
Vorgangs den Text der vorherigen Email wieder beifuegen. Ohne den
Text vorheriger Emails ist eine Beantwortung der Anfrage nicht moeglich.

Telefon: +49 (0)180 500 4296
Fax: +49 (0)180 500 4298
Internet: http://support.fujitsu-siemens.de
E-Mail: mailto:[email protected]

-----------------------------------
Ursprüngliche Nachricht:

I WANT A COMPUTER THAT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE REPAIRED EVER TWO WEEKS!!!

To whom it may concern,

When I bought my computer, and upgraded the ram (at the time of purchase of
the computer from cosmos micro computer), I was told that the extended
warranty covered the ram as i was buying a COMPLETE COMPUTER SYSTEM.

Currently my ram is not working and I want it replaced, as the (cosmos micro
computer) salesman who sold the computer to me informed me the extended
warranty covers it.

There is no misunderstanding here.

I want accountability.

I want my ram replaced free of cost.

Regards,
Dhaval

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Nov 8, 2006 12:32 AM
Subject: RE: Computer problem Logistical Complaints NEED REPLY
To: Degean Smith < (e-mail address removed)>, (e-mail address removed)
Cc: Jino Thomas < (e-mail address removed)>, Anwar Farook <
(e-mail address removed)>

Dear Sir,

As we are the Authorized service provider for Fujitsu Siemens, you are
requested to bring the notebook to us for service. Kindly please note that
the upgraded RAM will not have any Fujitsu Warranty. For availing warranty
for the upgraded RAM, you are requested to contact COSMOS.

Regards,
Sathish.K.L

------------------------------

*Sent:* Tuesday, November 07, 2006 6:35 PM
*To:* (e-mail address removed) ; (e-mail address removed); DXB Service
*Subject:* Computer problem Logistical Complaints NEED REPLY

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To the people at Redington Middle East,

I had originally bought my computer from cosmos micro computer (CMC)

When I bought my computer from CMC I had my ram upgraded (at the time I
bought my computer) by them and was told THAT FUJITSU SIEMENS WARRANTY
covered it and the extended warranty also covered it.

So when I got my motherboard replaced, I should also get my ram replaced and
told that the warranty does not cover it.

If you take a moment and look at the original laptop invoice the ram is a
part of it.

If there is any confusion it is certainly not at my part.

Please have the ram ready to be collected.

Currently my laptop is not in a working condition.

Attached with this email are my relevant laptop documents.

Regards
Dhaval

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Sounds harsh mate.
Phone your local Citizens Advice Bureau.... They will provide you with your rights from a legal standpoint and assist you if this needs to go to Small-Claims Court.

But don't ever get angry with them at CAB (if they can't help) - to my knowledge they all work voluntarily!!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
degean - I'm afraid I've had to remove some of your first comments and edit the thread title, as although you have a bad experience with this company, due to legal reasons we have to refrain from making such adverse comments within a public forum - I hope you understand.

As regards your problem, I agree it does seem unfair for Fujitsu Siemens to reject your warranty claim on the RAM upgrade when you purchased it as a whole package.

Have you approached the actual retailer Cosmos Microcomputer who installed the upgrade and sold the original package and see if they can either assist with replacing the faulty RAM, or with your warranty claim?

Reaction score
legal implications

Hi thanks for the reply and support. I have checked with cosmos computers, and they have refused to change the ram, as the warrenty for the ram has exprired and is not part of the upgrade. I was wondering about making a website dedicated to people who have problems with customer service / warrenty problems. Does anyone know the legal implactions for this.

Thanks.
Degean

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Unfortunately if the RAM is out of warranty and the upgrade is not covered by the FS extended warranty, then you are likely to have little recourse - I would suggest seeking advice from your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Alternatively, seeing as RAM is relatively cheap these days - why not just save the hassle and buy some as a replacement? :thumb:

Reaction score
more then ram, a global problem

Hi, thanks for reply. Unfortunaly the problem is more then the ram. Even if I do replace the ram, which I am not a hundred % sure if it is the problem, it voids the warrenty. And as luck would have it something would go wrong with the machine (ie inbuilt wifi card doesn't work) and I would forced to wait a month for fujitsu siemens to replace the motherboard.

The other is that it is a matter of principle. It is something like the ford pinto case, if anyone has studied ethics.

Once again does anyone know if there any legal implications if I host a website just dedicated to problems with computer warrenties and computer support? Also does anyone know of any hosting services that can host such a site that can host such a service without interfence from any court order/ law. (Something like where torrents or gaming websites are hosted).

This site would truley be in everones intrest as unlike the home pc, if there is a problem with a laptop it is beyond the scope of most people to fix it. So there is a great deal of reliablity on customer support / warrenty. I see such problems scatered through out different forums and review sites, mixed along with other things. It is not easy for people to find information about this in one spot. I sure that there are other people with similar stories and would like to share there frustraions with new laptop buyers (YOU & an now me) for the betterment of humanity.

Buying a laptop is a costly affair. Looking at a the laptop specs and price is part of the things that people should look at along with the reputation of the manufacturer. Most people ignore the latter.

So I implore you. Be part of the solution and not the problem. This would site would be like a watchdog and force manufactures to take better care of their respective clients.

I am a poor computer science student who's laptop crashes on a regular basis while coding "Hello World" problems. As I was writing this, my antivirsus poped up, started scanning and within two minutes crashed my computer. I am not sure if most people comprehend my frustrations.

Once again what are good hosting sites, and the legal implications.

Kind Regards,
Degean

Last edited:

Ask a Question