My Xbox 360 Games experience so far:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Lil update

Current state of play.

Just bought Need For Speed Hot Pursuit today for the Xbox 360 and am enjoying it a lot. It's basically a hugely improved version of NFS Undercover. You can play as a racer or a cop and playing as a cop seems to be a little harder. Mucho fun.

I part-ex'd a few, got stuck on third boss level on NIER so gave up. Final Fantasy XIII started off ridiculously easy then suddenly switched to impossibly hard. Quite a complicated combat system as well, I liked the visuals but didn't care much for the gameplay.

Super Street Fighter IV is actually quite good but it just becomes repetitive after a while, just mashing buttons to gain a knockout in a variety of different costumes.

Comments in the lists below are pretty much self explantory, I figure if I'm not enjoying something it has to go.

I got past the bit where I was stuck in Bayonetta and have to say that so far this is one fantastic game. How much further I'll get before getting stuck and giving up only time will tell, lol

I'm definitely going to get Hydro Thunder Hurricane the demo is good, as is the Gamespot Review. 800 Xbox points which works out to around a tenner.

Also definitely going to get Fable III but will finish Fable I first and hopefully it will have come down in price by the time I do that.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• xboxgames_001.JPG
    xboxgames_001.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 181
  • xboxgames_002.JPG
    xboxgames_002.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 206

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I loved eternal sonata, but i had it on the PS3 which is supposed to be alot better. You have to do a hell of a lot of grinding at the beginning just to beat the 1st boss.

Final Fantasy XIII was just a load of crap, just straight forward, boring grinding and no kool side quests. Nothing compared to VII, VIII, X, X-2 or XII.

Blue Dragon is one of the best RPG's on the 360, plenty of fun, decent story, plenty of depth, loads of mini quests and such to do with a good learning curve and the grinding can be fun when you combine different monsters into different fights.

Also if you want fable I, its only £5 on the microsoft games market: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-GB/fablelostchapters/

Definatly better than Fable II which i cant find myself being bothered to play because its that boring!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
I loved eternal sonata, but i had it on the PS3 which is supposed to be alot better. You have to do a hell of a lot of grinding at the beginning just to beat the 1st boss.

And that is precisely where I just got so frustrated with it, it had to go. A shame, cos it did seem quite unique.

reefsmoka said:
Final Fantasy XIII was just a load of crap, just straight forward, boring grinding and no kool side quests. Nothing compared to VII, VIII, X, X-2 or XII.

I'm glad you said that, I thought it may just have been me, so the ones you've mentioned are worth getting then? A long time ago I remember playing a FF game on the PC, possibly it was III or IV, and I didn't think that was much cop.

reefsmoka said:
Blue Dragon is one of the best RPG's on the 360, plenty of fun, decent story, plenty of depth, loads of mini quests and such to do with a good learning curve and the grinding can be fun when you combine different monsters into different fights.

There are some games you just don't like from the off and that was one of them for me. Ten minutes gameplay and it was straight into the part exchange bag.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-GB/fablelostchapters/[/URL]

Definatly better than Fable II which i cant find myself being bothered to play because its that boring!

I already have Fable One, I have the Lost Chapters version with added content and picked it up on E-Bay for a fiver. I'm pretty much at the beginning of the game, first quest after training.

And Fable II I found far from boring, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'd even go so far to say as that's the one game that's made the XBox 360 worthwhile so far. And I think Fable II was much better than Fable I has been so far.

It's a good thing we all have different tastes and views though eh? :)

I still much prefer the PC as a gaming platform though but I did want to try a console.

I'm actually considering maybe chopping in the Xbox 360 for a PS3, but not for a while yet though.

Or I could get really extravagent and get a PS3 as well :D

But I doubt it.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Or I could get really extravagent and get a PS3 as well :D

But I doubt it.

Get it, get it, get it.......i have both. At the moment though my 360 is getting more use. I just bought GOW 2 for one of my mates, lol. Thats 3 copies i have bought so far....it must be good.
I also bought Bad Company 2 and Operation flashpoint. Blops is getting a rest tonight.
Will let you know how they go.

Reaction score
Operation Flashpoint, dragon rising is too much like hard work....disapointed isn't the word. Suffice to say it's going back to the shop.
Started into Battlefield Bad company 2. Looks okay so far but its a little different to call of duty.
If anyone's interested in Op flashpoint let me know before i bring it back to whence it came.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Final Fantasy VII was in my opinion the best Final Fantasy. You can buy it from the Playstation store for the PS3 for around £5. Bare in mind it was made for the PS One! So the graphics will be beyond awful. X and X-2 were both very good aswell, X being much better than X-2 though and because it was for the PS2 the graphics might be slightly more bearable than VII. I Have a 160 hour save still on my PS2 memory card somewhere for FFX!

Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
Final Fantasy VII was in my opinion the best Final Fantasy. You can buy it from the Playstation store for the PS3 for around £5. Bare in mind it was made for the PS One! So the graphics will be beyond awful. X and X-2 were both very good aswell, X being much better than X-2 though and because it was for the PS2 the graphics might be slightly more bearable than VII. I Have a 160 hour save still on my PS2 memory card somewhere for FFX!

You need to check god of war 3.......absolutely savage. My game of 2010

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:

Are VII, X 0r X-2 available for Xbox 360? (Must confess I haven't searched yet).

I bought Hydro Thunder: Hurricane yesterday evening for 1200 MS points which works out to £10.20. Played it, enjoyed, felt good.

Then today I see it's in a sale for 400 points which equates to to £3.40. Played it, enjoyed it but didn't feel quite so good :(

If you buy Xbox games using points snap this up now, for 400 points it's a steal.

Reaction score
Well Alan WAke was completed last night and to be honest i couldn't wait for it to be finished for some reason...i thought it would never end......it was great at the start but only good as a gapfiller in the end. Now i'm starting Medal of Honour's latest offering. Will report back.

Ask a Question