Xbox One backwards compatibility list - update

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here tis, 130 Xbox 360 games so far

Xbox 360 games for Xbox One

I've been thinking about getting shot of my PS3 and indulging in an Xbox One, they can certainly be picked up for a good price now, the cheapest deal I've seen so far is actually direct from Microsoft, even cheaper than some second hand prices I've seen.

I was wondering if my Xbox360 profile will still be valid with an Xbox One, as I purchased a few digital download games for the 360, I can see at least one on that compatibility list, Hydro Thunder. I'll have to try and find out.

I've now owned an Xbox 360 and a PS3 and of the two, without any bias whatsoever, I much preferred the (now sold) Xbox360. Better choice of games and somehow better playability. And, imo, easier navigation. As a 'for instance' Red Dead Redemption played well on the 360 but stutters and plays a bit rubbish on the PS3.

Anyhow, I digress, more 360 titles to be added to the Xbox One compatibility list in the future, apparently, so I'm going to try and find out if my former 360 game purchases will still be available to me for download.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Your Xbox Live profile is just that, your profile, its not tied to a console in anyway. Just sign in on the new one and your away. :)

As for the backwards compatible stuff, I'm not 100% suer to be honest, as I've not bothered myself.

But this is what it says on the XB1 site...

The digital tiles (I'm assuming they mean titles) that you own and are part of the Back Compat game catalog will automatically show up in the “Ready to Install” section on your Xbox One. For disc-based games that are a part of the Back Compat game catalog, insert the disc and the console will begin downloading the game to your hard drive. After the game has downloaded to your hard drive, users will still need to keep the game disc in the drive to play.
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

...well I 'sold' all my 360 games along with the console to CEX ages ago, so I guess thats me out of luck! But tbh. I doubt I'd play them much if at all anyway.

:)

Ask a Question