My Xbox 360 Games experience so far:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
liisaa said:
Compared with the PC version of hard work psu on Xbox 360 annihilated pleasurable experience. I think you very well!

Thats one hell of a statement right there!
nod.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well well well our liisaa turned out to be a spammer - Quelle surprise! :D

Red Dead Redemption arrived yesterday and I played about an hour of it.

Gorgeous graphics, fine storyline, glorified movie with isolated bits of gameplay and dead easy.

That's what I think of it so far but despite it being little more than an interactive movie I am enjoying it.

And Eternal Sonata just got hard on me, I'm stuck at first boss level. But I shall persevere. This is one seriously weird game, I sometimes wonder just where the Japanese imagination is at. Different though.

Reaction score
Hi Flopp's.........hads a bash at red dead but it got a bit samey for me....bought heavy rain(ps3) for 44 quid and finished it in 6 hours.....was deeply disappointed. The game itself was very good but it was finished way too fast. For 44 quid i expect a little more than an evenings gameplay.......i also bought tomb raider underworld which is looking good so far. Will let ya know how that goes......

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I was in a GAME store yesterday and noticed that Red Dead Redemption can now be had for £29.00 pre-owned. I also saw Naughty Bear for twenty quid so bought it but haven't played any of it yet.

I have the Tomb Raider Underworld, haven't seriously got into it, I'm only up to the part where she goes diving off the boat.

And I agree 6 hours for 44 quid is something of a ripoff.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
So to sum things up Flops..what 3 xbox 360 games you love should i buy (coz you are a top geezer and i value your reviews), and the dark wet nights are closing in..

I am into Alan Wake although its in between Brilliant and frustrating (if that makes sense)
Cheers :D

By Flops

I have the Tomb Raider Underworld, haven't seriously got into it, I'm only up to the part where she goes diving off the boat

so you turned it on then :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
OK, wot I am thoroughly enjoying unconditionally on Xbox 360:

Fable II
Forza Motorsport III
SAW
NIER
NFS Undercover
NFS Shift
Fallout 3
Overlord II

I like loads but currently stuck on:

Bayonetta
Final Fantasy XIII
Eternal Sonata
Death Spank (shame, cos this, imo, is a great game)
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing with Banjo Kazooie

In Sonic & Sega All Stars racing I'm stuck on a level where you have to race and avoid hitting obstacles on the track, I just can't do it. But there's still a lot more to the game to make it worthwhile keeping.

Entertaining but not in top league:

Sega Superstars Tennis
Super Street Fighter IV
Dragon Ace: Origins
KAMEO: Elements Of Power
Morrowind Elder Scrolls III (Xbox)
James Bond 007 Nightfire (Xbox)
Max Payne II (Xbox)
Doom II

Haven't tried or played enough yet to form an opinion:

Naughty Bear
Fable The Lost Chapters (Fable 1) (Xbox)
Assassin's Creed 2
Condemned 2
Tomb Raider: Underworld

Great games but I'm waiting til I get the converter thingie to play with mouse & keyboard:

Call Of Duty 3
Halo 3
Timeshift
Gears Of war 2

Absolute pants:

Onechanbara Samurai Bikini Squad (possibly the worst game in the world)
GRID
Blue Dragon
FUEL
Flat Out: Ultimate Carnage (actually, this one wasn't too bad but I sold it anyway)
Thrillville OTR
Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV (After playing this through on the PC it just didn't seem to work on the Xbox 360)
Fairytale Fights (wouldn't run)

And a couple of fps's I sold but in hindsight would probably work well with the mouse/keyboard converter thingie, they both seemed like very good games but were just too difficult to play with a gamepad:

Gears Of War One
The Darkness

All of the above is purely my opinion, others may disagree. And also others will be better gamers than me and not get stuck so easily ;)

I'm really quite disappointed with Bayonetta, I got stuck on third level, because up until then it was very enjoyable.

I'm also stuck on a few PC games, like Batman Arkham Asylum and Metro 2033, maybe I getting too old for this stuff :D

And finally, for PC, I'm going to buy Borderlands with Expansion pack in GAME store - two for £25.00 offer and also fps Arma II: Operation Arrowhead. And when Mafia II and Starcraft II come down in price I'll probably have some of that as well.

Phew :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Bloody hell flops , what the hell with 5 lines when 400 will do lol

Reaction score
LOL.....thats a truck load of games ya got there man.......GOW 1 and 2 are bril....i'm playing LAra in underworld and its great so far....brings me back 15 years maybe. I'm gonna get Alan Wake but i also have Darkness to get through first....Got me a big 40" samsung back lit jobbie today and i'm blown away by the size of the thing....its gigantic.
Loving it though, lol.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, today I completed my very first Xbox 360 game - Fable II

And a very enjoyable game it was too, every bit as good as The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion & Fallout 3 on the PC.

I've had the console about six months now, sometimes I play it intensely, other times I don't play it at all for 2 or 3 weeks, dunno why really cos I play games on the PC just about every day.

Although I finished the main quest in Fable II there were stikll 6 or 7 side quests I can still play and complete, the game is still open so to speak despite me watching all the end credits.

Will I be getting Fable III? You betcha I will :D

But first I'm going to play Fable I: The lost chapters which is basically the first Fable with some more stuff chucked on the end. This was released on Xbox as opposed to Xbox 360 but it plays fine and looks good too. Hopefully by the time I've finished playing that Fable III will cost less than 40 quid.

Other Xbox 360 things:

I'm having a little difficulty on the first big boss level on NIER which is about a third of the way into the game but I've read a walkthrough guide and although it's quite difficult and rather long I reckon I can crack it. If I have the patience that is. I hope so cos I've been enjoying this one. If I fail after, say, ten tries, it's gonna be down the shop for p-ex.

Went back to SAW today after quite a long time. The further I get into the game the harder it gets. It has auto-saves and I spent 30 minutes doing some tricky stuff, solving puzzles, only to try and walk across a plank and fall off then have to go back to the start of the level again. This makes me so poxy mad! :mad:

Gurr gurr...

Played a half hour or so of Jericho it's actually very good imo but it's predominately an fps so the joypad control is the usual setback to gameplay. Good storyline and graphics though, imo good for a fiver :)

Have been playing Red Dead Redemption again, looks gorgeous but having just a little difficulty on one bit, where you have to take this old geezer who's not very well to town on a stagecoach to see the doc, I keep killing him by driving too rough.

That's about it really, got shot of Naughty Bear and Condemned 2, didn't like either very much.

Reaction score
I was stuck on the stagecoach for ages too.....i think if you watch the map on screen you should be able to manage.....i do remember getting p'ed off with it, though.....glad to hear you like Jericho. I wasn't sure if you would. I'm playing black ops on 360 and am addicted although i must say it feels a lot like medal honour. I'm sure i'll soldier on, as it were, lol. I'm stuck in Nam baby!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
When I do eventually buy Black Ops - when it comes down in price and it's properly patched - it will be for PC.

Playing any fps on the Xbox 360, I have discovered, is not the ideal way to play that genre ;)

As I discovered when playing GOW2; CoD3; Halo 3 and Timeshift plus others.

For pin point and fluid aiming, the gamepad sucketh ;)

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're having a dislike tro the xbox controller Flopp's. I have always been a controller type person so it's second nature at this stage. I have tried a couple of games on pc with the mouse and it was just hard work so i eventually gave up. I had to think ahead of the mouse because it was the mouse that controlled the cross hairs, so my two hands were doing different stuff, if that makes any sense at all.lol.
Anyhooo, make sure you do get black ops whatever the format. The online part is completely immersive, even more so than the campaign. I might try the sony network later today with MW2 and see what the online experience is like. How's the new phones btw?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Roll up roll up, Issiah Flops, Turf Accountant to the landed gentry, is currently offering odds for gamepad Vs mouse + keyboard, CoD 4, online deathmatch:

gamepad controller: 100 to 1

mouse + keyboard: 1 to 100

And that's being generous ;)

Headphones is good :thumb:

Currently immersed in Borderlands on PC and have found a CoD 4 server where the majority of players are around the same age as me. They are very good as well :eek:

Also been playing Fable One: The Lost Chapters on Xbox 360 and whilst not as good as Fable II, it's still very playable.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
When I do eventually buy Black Ops - when it comes down in price and it's properly patched - it will be for PC.

Playing any fps on the Xbox 360, I have discovered, is not the ideal way to play that genre ;)

As I discovered when playing GOW2; CoD3; Halo 3 and Timeshift plus others.

For pin point and fluid aiming, the gamepad sucketh ;)
^^^ This 100% ^^^

a CoD 4 server where the majority of players are around the same age as me. They are very good as well
What server may i ask? :)

Ask a Question