Music. What are you listening to right now?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It was the first album that I bought for my brother (and his first ever album) so I like to think I kickstarted his excellent taste in music :D

Reaction score
I am an old square and just bought Len Goodman's CD Crooners & Swooners a 3 CD collection containing such artists as Elvis, B E King, Bobby Daren, Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee and loads of other old artists.
Love The Dave Brubeck Quartet with Orchestra disc Urmas a man after my own Heart if you are into Dave Brubeck try this link Urmas

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
From "it's all done in the best possible taste" dept:

Encore? Oh, all right:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Listening to Ronald Wycherley, also known as Billy Fury. One of the very early singer songwriters who, sadly, died of a heart attack aged only 42.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
@Urmas I'm not sure which I found funnier - the fact that this is a thing, or his facial expressions! :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The 1st LP by The Levellers has just been re-released on vinyl and with it comes another disk with a live recording from the Brixton Academy, I been playing that over the weekend. I did buy the vinyl version originally in the nineties but it got ruined doing them disco thingies, notably at The Greyhound in Chadwell Heath, Essex, which was full of Students, Hells Angels and would-be Anarchists. Here's one track:

Reaction score
Listening to Ronald Wycherley, also known as Billy Fury. One of the very early singer songwriters who, sadly, died of a heart attack aged only 42.

I used love Billy Fury, saddened by his death, unfortunately I lost my 45's and LP's in one of my moves in the 1980's:cry:

Item From Wikipedia
Ronald William Wycherley (17 April 1940 – 28 January 1983), better known by his stage name Billy Fury, was an English singer from the late 1950s to the mid 1960s, and remained an active songwriter until the 1980s. Rheumatic fever, which he first contracted as a child, damaged his heart and ultimately contributed to his death.[1] An early British rock and roll (and film) star, he equalled the Beatles' record of 24 hits in the 1960s, and spent 332 weeks on the UK chart, without a chart-topping single or album.[2]

AllMusic journalist Bruce Eder stated, "His mix of rough-hewn good looks and unassuming masculinity, coupled with an underlying vulnerability, all presented with a good voice and some serious musical talent, helped turn Fury into a major rock and roll star in short order".[1] Others have suggested that Fury's rapid rise to prominence was due to his "Elvis Presley-influenced, hip-swivelling and at times highly suggestive stage act."[3]

Last edited:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers last week at the Manchester Arena and it was awesome! Consequently I've been listening to a lot of their music this week, much to Ian's annoyance :lol:

The gig was fanstatic, they did a big variety of songs. Even did a couple from Mothers Milk, which they don't often do! Last time I saw them live was 2003 so I was very excited :thumb: :dance:

Oh and they were supported by Babymetal, and we got there in time to see Karate and Gimme Chocolate. They were pretty good live! My friend didn't think too much of them though :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've been a RHCP fan for some time now, I'm jealous. The nearest gigs to me at the O2 sold out really quickly.

I did catch the full concert online though recently, I think it was the Birmingham gig.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here's a track from a not very well known album from a long time ago Get Outta Me 'ouse by Hustler. Note that in the spoken refrain our narrator makes a terribly politically incorrect reference to our Gay brethren by using the term 'Ginger Beer'. Wot a rascal.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've been a RHCP fan for some time now, I'm jealous. The nearest gigs to me at the O2 sold out really quickly.

I did catch the full concert online though recently, I think it was the Birmingham gig.

They are doing live downloads for each concert, which is pretty cool. Mind you, you have to pay which isn't ideal given the cost of the tickets. We do get a free copy of their new album with the tickets - I'd have much preferred a free copy of the live concert.

Here's the set list from the gig I saw if you're interested:

RHCP Manchester 14 Dec 16.jpg

I wanna go again! :D

Ask a Question