Monday music..add if you want to

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Metallica version is the best m8, sorry im slightly *****d in Cornwall , so cant post a link but hey thats life :nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Eastern Jam

Is the 2nd half, kicks in at around 3:20

One of the few old tracks John Peel played regularly until his death, this has to be one of the best double guitar solos ever, from 1967.

First half is clean, precise, 2nd half is distorted, fuzzed, dirty and mean.

In 40 years I have never gotten fed up with hearing this.

(Note: Youtube link jumps for first minute or so but it does settle down. Only link there is, maybe I should do an upload...)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
One of my favourite songs ever, can still make me cry.

I was going to post the duet with Damon Albarn but came across this newer version.

Reminds me of two things. I bought this and Whiter Shade Of Pale for a girl named Stella Moore, one of my first real girlfriends, when I was sixteen.

And then in 1968 I got the sack from Freemans mail Order Company for being late all the time but was too scared to tell my parents.

So I used to get up in the morning and drive up to London on my Lambretta and make out I was still working. I used to park up on Waterloo Bridge and stand there for hours gazing down the Thames, wasting the days away. And would often sing this song to myself.

Fortunately my unemployed status didn't last too long.

Jazz, Delicious Hot, Disgusting Cold

End Of A Century

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
This is my favourite from the iconic band and one of my all time favourite songs.

Rush thanks for starting this thread, this will be fun and contribute to sharing great music.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Anyone here a fan of Dusty Springfield?

I am a HUGE fan of Dusty Springfield, have been since around '63.

I bought this 4 CD set with big book thingie about six months ago, lots of big photos, love it to bits.

Hal David and Burt Bacharach wrote timeless songs for the most part, in the same league as Cole Porter imo.

It's a strange thing but I always seemed to fancy the dykes, strange quirk of fate.

I have the Dusty BBC tribute program burned from VHS to DVD with the funeral at the end, cracks me up every time. I do so hate cancer.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:
Feel i need a blast from the past​

I've always loved Xanadu, reminds me of doing a disco at The Saxon, a pub for ne'er do wells in Catford, SE London, now, sadly, a Lidls.

Shame about the 70's dress sense though :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
This is my favourite from the iconic band and one of my all time favourite songs.

Rush thanks for starting this thread, this will be fun and contribute to sharing great music.

I was at one of those concerts at Earls Court in '94.

Little did I realise it would be their last concerts :(

Also have the Pulse DVD's - superb.

Saw them at the same venue in '73 as well when they were touring DSOTM - not so many lights then, lol

RIP Rick Wright, - Roger Waters s**t on you, I hope he feels bad.

Another cancer victim.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I am a HUGE fan of Dusty Springfield, have been since around '63.

I bought this 4 CD set with big book thingie about six months ago, lots of big photos, love it to bits.

Hal David and Burt Bacharach wrote timeless songs for the most part, in the same league as Cole Porter imo.

It's a strange thing but I always seemed to fancy the dykes, strange quirk of fate.

I have the Dusty BBC tribute program burned from VHS to DVD with the funeral at the end, cracks me up every time. I do so hate cancer.

Dusty is such a sensitive singer that I cannot think of anyone else matching her silky smooth delivery. When she starts to sing it gives me the feeling of calm and peace prevailing in the room filled with her voice. Here is a wonderful tune

Glad you mentioned Burt Bacharach and Hal David, I was introduced to them way back in 1968 by my father, I was 10 years old and I got hooked to the music and still listen to his wonderful melodies. You may know that Dionne Warwick became famous because of his melodies. The trio of Burt, Hal and Dionne was just magical. The song which Dusty sings is also from the catalogue of Bacharach/David.

Here is a beautiful example of that magic I am talking about from a DVD which I owned and loved to bits.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Quad - yes, familiar with Burt Bacharach, which is why I mentioned him after your link to 'The Look Of Love'.

I was aged nine to nineteen in the sixties so the music from those times is probably what stuck in my grey matter the most.

I own this CD Here which has artists doing songs more usually associated with other artists. Interesting :)

Although I'm primarily a big fan of rock and indie served up with a side dish of reggae, I like a huge variety of music and good is good.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yep, Bacharach and David wrote some great stuff. :thumb:

I still have, somewhere in the house, a couple of,...... wait for it,...... cassettes of theirs. Must dig them out and copy them to Audacity and get rid of the tape hum. :D

Timeless music.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Never mind cassettes even CD`s will become obsolete shortly :)

Ask a Question