microland technology - rubbish

Reaction score
Oh ok - i'll start you a new thread if you like seeing as i know what its all about. It will be in the general section.

Hope this helps, Chris

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, but could u just explain how u did it, I have pondered the site for a while 2nite and cannot work out how to get a new one going (it's not MT I promise!)

Gabriella x

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hey folks

Just had a squinty on my online visa statement and the said monies taken from me by MT over 2.5 months ago have re-appeared on my account! I am happy obviously, but I need to stress that the monies have not come from MT who continued to lie to me, but rather from my bank who have firmly intervened as their dear and longstanding customer was in danger of having a serious mental health episode and being carted away never more to be seen.......plus and more importantly I had the evidence for them to intervene.

I hope that this draws a line under my experience but I remain very very interested in this company, will be keeping a close eye on any postings on this forum and if I can share any advice/handy hints with anyone else in the situation I found myself in, I am happy to do that. Email me via the yellow envelope.

Love to all

Gabriella x

Reaction score
Glad you got your money back

I'm still pursuing a damages claim for all the time and hassle I wasted on this company. They are ignoring my attempts to communicate with them so looks like County Court Action is the only way forward.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Octimon

How very interesting! From browsing around some of the PC forums around I thought that things maybe were getting better on the MT front - people have reported getting their stuff quickly (delivery) and also being able to speak to folks at MT in a reasonable space of time. I know what you mean about wanting some recompense for the time/hassle/money spent but I was just so grateful to get my money back and I have taken a pragmatic decision that I cannot be bothered to deal with these numpties any more. That's not to say that mine is the right approach I just think that I cannot bear the stress of it when my primary objective (getting the money back) has been resolved.

They don't deserve to be in business I say.

On another note I did (some years ago) successfully use the Small Claims Court so if you want any tips etc... email me privately. I was successful but it was a fairly long drawn out process.

Kind regards

Gabriella x

Reaction score
Just need to convince the wife that spending £30 will be worth it. Like you, she is just glad we have the money back and thinks I should drop it but I don't see why they should get away with treating people like that. MT made me an offer but one I could not accept for practical reasons (i'd already bought elsewhere) but having put an alternative to them they refuse to correspond. To me, the offer is admission they were at fault so I cannot see how they can defend themselves now

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Octimon

I can see the dilemma and one I dod think very carefully about - the thing about pursuig damages is that you have to have shed loads of evidence, energy and will power to see it through. If you need any help with the Small Claims stuff, email me privately. I can see both your/your wife's point of view...think about it and I am sure you will decide what is best. At he end of the day even if you are not successful, the most you will lose is £30. If successful, you get the money awarded plus the fee refunded.

Take care

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Thanks Ian

I will send through to King David if he is ok with giving out his email address. I promise there's nothing spammy or dodgy about my message. You probably have the technology to check it anyway so you know I'm not telling porkies!!

Gabriella x
Gabriella, please email me at kingdavid_uk @ hotmail . com (remove spaces first) with the private message you earlier sent which I could not access.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear King David

Sent you 2 x emails 28 June 2004 6o above email addy.

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
Apologies if this message appears out of sequence - my email is just one of the things upset by MT disasters.

My PC had another Serious Crash (MS description) yesterday and I am distressed at MT's refusal to respond to email, mail or ever answer the phone.

They did not honour a contract for on-site maintenance - the PC first failed formismatched memory but MT claimed it was a s/w fault, not covered by the contract. MT collected the PC and returned it without warning 10 days later with the HDD empty save for the OS. Not even keyboard & mouse would work until I had set them up.

So I am thinking of rejecting the PC as unfit forits purpose and buying another from a company like Evesham with a decent reputation for support.

It will be a long slog, involving Trading Standards, Credit Card company, PC Buyer Magazine (on whose recommendation I bought the PC) and possibly the Small Claims Court.

I would be grateful for addresses or email of the directors and any general advice.

Have already had an encouraging talk with a lawyer in Consumers' Association Legal department..

The many hours I have wasted restoring settings, programs and data on this machine make the prospect of continuing with it, without any support, quite unthinkable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
preynolds said:
My PC had another Serious Crash (MS description) yesterday and I am distressed at MT's refusal to respond to email, mail or ever answer the phone.

They did not honour a contract for on-site maintenance - the PC first failed formismatched memory but MT claimed it was a s/w fault, not covered by the contract. MT collected the PC and returned it without warning 10 days later with the HDD empty save for the OS. Not even keyboard & mouse would work until I had set them up.
I would say that the problems you have are NOT a software fault, but sound like a hardware fault, either bad RAM sticks, bad PSU, or faulty connections somewhere on the motherboard. Also if the software was installed correctly by MT then there should be no software problems, so if there problems with installed software, MT would be to blame. But in this case I strongly suspect faulty hardware and thus you have a right to have them repair, replace or refund your money. Getting them to honour that is going to be difficult as they are not customer-friendly at all. I am currently chasing a refund from them and they are refusing to answer my emails.

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear King David

I have emailed you (PM) X 2, have you received as you requested? I may be able to help you - do you want to get back to me?

Gabriella x

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Dear King David

I have emailed you (PM) X 2, have you received as you requested? I may be able to help you - do you want to get back to me?

Gabriella x
Thanks for your emails, Gabriella, I received them okay. Just forgot to check my hotmail account for a few days.

I refused delivery of the goods and they were sent back. The last email I got from MT said they had received them and were going to refund my money. I don't know whey that will be, but I have got my card co. on my side at least (Egg visa).

David

Reaction score
you have a right to have them repair, replace or refund your money. Getting them to honour that is going to be difficult as they are not customer-friendly at all. I am currently chasing a refund from them and they are refusing to answer my emails.

Thanks, David, for your support.

Could you, or anyone who reads this, kindly email me - (e-mail address removed) - with the names and addresses of Directors or any other persons who might be responsive?

Peter Reynolds

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear King David

They have 28 days to refund your money post sending goods back. Please keep your c/c informed and carefully record all dealings u have with them as you may need to rely upon this l8r. Post 28 days, the c/c company can intervene and retrieve your money from MT Bank, email me if you want more details about this: (e-mail address removed)

Kind regards

Gabriella x

Reaction score
i am like others, really p*ssed off with this company, on the 19th of june i ordered a x800 pro gfx card from them as there web site said in stock, i cancelled my order last week and still no refund, they dont reply to emails and i have wrote to them, but nothing, im not sure what i will do next but PLZ PLZ PLZ AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS

Reaction score
I finally got the money refunded to my credit card. Not sure yet though if this was due to me getting my credit card co to refund the money or whether it was Microland paying up.

Reaction score
glad to hear you got your money back david, how long did it take? i had to write to my credit co yesterday explaining the situation, i hope they can help soon, its been nearly 2 weeks now from the cancellation date, not 1 of my emails have been answered, this company should really be exposed to the public. any one know how to do this?, these people are nothing but thieves

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I sent my cancellation on 10 June, received a refund on 12 July, that's 32 days later. So much for their 28-day refund policy.

Ask a Question