microland technology - rubbish

Reaction score
On reflection, my threat of visiting Microland Technology would probably be financially unwise (the cost of petrol alone would be more than the profit on the 2 PC's I'm selling, not to mention the cost of sandwiches at motorway service stations! :eek: ) although judging by the dissatisfaction, I could hire a mini-bus.

However, I do have the home address' of the 3 "Wise Monkey's" (Directors) who run this "business" and shall be putting them to good use! ;)

Anyone interested in them, let me know.

Keep up the campaigning!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Plasmatica

Yes please, the directors names would be good. I have updated PC Advisor forum with yours and the other recent writer's experiences. I am making it my business to try to prevent others getting into deep water.

Send me a private email with the names/addresses so as not to cause any offence would perhaps be the best option.

I am quite tempted by the idea of a group visit - that may make them and ohers realise that there is more than an isolated problem. You may be interested to know that I have on the record from a senior bod at MT that the situaton is not 'acceptable' (quote) all very good, but where are our working goods or our money back?

I suspect that this is a company in deep financial trouble.

I wonder whether they will get a slot on Watchdog in the autumn?

Please try to keep calm, use the forum and we will all share ideas in terms of how best to proceed.

Gabriella x

Reaction score
Plasmatica said:
... However, I do have the home address' of the 3 "Wise Monkey's" (Directors) who run this "business" and shall be putting them to good use! ;)
Anyone interested in them, let me know.
Keep up the campaigning!
I would appreciate those names and addresses, too.

I ordered from Microland over a week ago, a graphics card and CPU, both in stock (according to their website), was charged instantly on my credit card, and no goods received, despite a promise to deliver within 3 working days.

I wish I had read the comments about this company before visiting their site and then I would have stayed away.

I add to the comments of others: AVOID THIS COMPANY.

I expect they will be out of business before the end of the year, their business system sucks, their customer service is non-existent, their promises worthless.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi King David

Just to make sure that no-one tries to persuade you that this company is A1 OK, check out PC Avisor forum (Microland Technology thread) started by me. Check out www.dooyou.co.uk and www.romulus2.com - more of the same I am afraid but hopefully you will see that you are not losing the plot.

Our symapthies to you (very genuinely) as we are all in the same boat.

Please keep us in touch with developments.

Take care

Gabriella x

Reaction score
Hi all,

Result! :)

I have received an email from MT this morning (9:13am) confirming that my order has been despatched.

I am extremely surprised by this but it just goes to show, that a small amount of persistence (and the threat of a visit) pays off.

I am in no way giving up the fight to ensure others get a satisfactory result, and you can still count me in. Besides, I don’t know if the components work yet.

Keep up the good work. ;)

Reaction score
Gabriella,

I just phoned Business Post to enquire about them collecting my PC for return. They told me that I need to get MT to arrange the collection if I want them to pay it.

Who did you speak to at Business Post to arrange your collection? Am I right in saying that you paid nothing?

Jay

Reaction score
King David

Just out of interest, what Graphics card did you order? I was waiting on a Sapphire Radeon 9800XT which they kept telling me they couldn't get despite it being available elsewhere.

Glad to see that your own customer service extends to getting parts elsewhere to keep your customers happy even though you're not. This is what I was trying to tell Microland they should do when they said they couldn't get parts. My guess was that their usual supplier couldn't supply but they couldn't get it anywhere else due to their poor credit rating.

Whilst studying the small print on their website, I'm sure I came across something that said stock levels indicated availability from their own store and that of their suppliers. Not very satisfactory. Saying 122 are available if not in store means nothing since their supplier could have allocated those 122 units to another customer.

Reaction score
Jay, you need a consignment number from MT before Business Post will return the goods at no cost to you.

Trouble with that is getting through to them of course. My emails were answered after a small(ish) delay and I was phoned by them. Their customer service does appear random though, I was one of the lucky ones.

All the best.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear readers of this forum

I have had quite a good result today - I can't go into the details publicly but suffice to say that the bank have intervened and have used Visa/consumer legislation on my behalf. We are not quite out of the woods yet but let's keep our fingers crossed.

As I have posted on the PC Advisor website, I am not giving up on this because so many people are affected and this is NOT ok by anyone's standards. If people want to write to me privately, I will share what have learned and what you can and can't do.

In relation to the return through Business Post, I looked up my local depot on the internet, rang them and explained the situation. The consignment number will be on any parcels that have arrived. On the day that the courier arrived at my house, there were 2 other computers/bits and bobs on board from local people who were not happy.

I did not pay a penny but I have to admit that I needed to be very firm, clear and assertive with Business Post.

Once the goods have been taken from your house Jayeltee you can track the movement on Business Post website and you will need this evidence to get your money back if this is what you are after. It gives massive detail from your door to theirs, including the time delivered at MT.

Like I say, I am not giving up on this - I have spent the last 2.5 months in sheer terror and panic wondering how on earth I am going to pay for 2 computers and if there is anything that I can do to help others I will gladly do this.

The support I have had from other forum users has been terrific, I want to loudly say thank you and if there is anything I can do for anyone else, email me privately.

Kind regards

Gabriella x

Reaction score
After emailing a director of Microland recently, I have today received an email from Microland saying my order has been dispatched. However, as I cancelled the order in writing by post and email last week, this is rather strange.
I shall be refusing delivery of the goods and further seeking a refund.
On Sunday I placed an order for similar goods with ebuyer.com, whom I have used often before. They dispatched the goods I ordered yesterday.
So why does it take one company only one day to dispatch goods, yet another, for a higher postage charge, takes 8 working days before dispatch despite promising dispatch within 3?

Reaction score
To Gabriella

I was notified that you sent me a private message, however, when I tried to view it, I got this message:
You do not have enough posts to use the Private Message system. You need a complete total of 10 posts.

So do I need to do a few more posts and then I can see it or does it mean the message won't even get to me?

If you could resend your message but try emailing me if you can through this forum.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It just means that the PM needs at least 10 posts to be viewed or sent... You could always post it (the PM) on the forums, or make a few proper posts - but please dont make spam posts.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
It just means that the PM needs at least 10 posts to be viewed or sent... You could always post it (the PM) on the forums, or make a few proper posts - but please dont make spam posts.
I was not trying to send a pm, but to receive one. Why can't I receive one without making lots of posts first?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi King David

I was sending you thrugh some advice re: MT and would rather it be private rather than public, absolutely nothing dodgy about it, I promise! Just (hopefully) some hand hints to save you getting into the pivkle I got into.

You need to have made 10 posts to the forum as I understand it to get your private email and it looks like you have sent 4 so far. Sorry about that! Anyway, the post will be there for you as and when you can receive it.

Gabriella x

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
KingDavid said:
I was not trying to send a pm, but to receive one. Why can't I receive one without making lots of posts first?
Sorry KingDavid, we had to put the 10 post limit up to stop spammers we had a few months ago. I'm sure Gabriella could forward the message to your e-mail account if you ask ;)

Welcome to the forums all of you! I hope you get your MT problems sorted!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Thanks Ian

I will send through to King David if he is ok with giving out his email address. I promise there's nothing spammy or dodgy about my message. You probably have the technology to check it anyway so you know I'm not telling porkies!!

Gabriella x

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
gabriella said:
Thanks Ian

I will send through to King David if he is ok with giving out his email address. I promise there's nothing spammy or dodgy about my message. You probably have the technology to check it anyway so you know I'm not telling porkies!!

Gabriella x
hehe, don't worry Gabriella - I'm sure its not spam! I'd change it in this instance, but I'd have to change the whole system to do it! :)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
On another note, what's hppened to PC Advisor site 2nite, it's not happening!!

Are some weird and wonderful things afoot?

Gabriella x

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Another thing...I need to start a new thread as I am stuck with something, can't work out how to do it...can anyone help please?

Gabriella x

Ask a Question