microland technology - rubbish

Reaction score
Refund received today.

I was greatly assisted by this forum. I'm only sorry the quick resolution of my case was possible only because of what I had learned, and the information gained, from other peoples far worse experiences.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Baz63

What absolutely excellent news!! Well done and I am well pleased for you. Perhaps they have woken up to smell the flowers of late. I am sure that your input will be really helpful to any other subsequent readers that get into difficulty so please stay with us on this part of the site and the rest of it.

You deserve a beer/chill/whatever!!

Gabriella x

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all

Can you belive that this thread had just over 6,000 views - what does that say?

Gabriella x

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I like this one better ...

Attachments

• Microland.jpg
    Microland.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 136

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hahaha Mucks, that's brilliant :thumb: I'd like to think that all the fine people who've contributed to this thread have saved at least some people from a very unpleasant experience. And, of course, other people have received their refunds or are well on the way to getting them.

And Baz63: Excellent, I'm pleased for you :)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I like this one better ...
Ouch! That really must hurt. Power to the consumer.

Thanks everyone.
I'll be definitely hanging around

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all

Just been on PC Advisor site/MT thread. Apparently the November 2004 edition of the magazine contains an article specifically about MT - anyone seen it - what does it say?

Please fill us in - will try to buy the same from WH Smith in town 2morro but in the meantime if anyone knows more, please do tell!!

Gabriella x

Reaction score
gabriella

not sure what it says but i will be buying a copy for sure.

have you noticed all the people who have doubted us are now seeing that this situation is for real??.

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Cazy

Mmmmm, most interesting- off to town l8r and will nip into WH Smiths to see if they've got the Nov mag. Will be back l8r when I have read it to report further!

Gabriella x

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all

Been to WH Smith and only October edition on shelf and apparently the article is in the November issue. Had a good look through October one and nothing. Will look again in a week or so. In the meantime, if anyone else wknows what's in this article, please let us know!!

Gabriella x

Reaction score
PC Association

I wish I had seen this site before ordering anything from Microland.
I ordered some parts from them recently and have had the same sort of problems described so frequently here such as , quick to debit cards, slow to refund. Shipping of wrong parts, no response to telephone or email. They are a complete shower.

I found something on the web that may interest some of you.
Microland are members of the PC Association. (The PCA)
http://www.pcauk.org/

The PCA has a code of conduct for their members that is clearly being breached by Microland. Its a bit soon for me to make a formal complaint to the PCA because they have only been jerking my string for 2 weeks so far, but some of you clearly meet the criteria for involving the PCA.

I don't suppose Microland care what the PCA think any more than they care what their customers think of them, but it might be nice if they could suffer the embarrassment of being kicked out of their trade association.

Get complaining guys :)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Mandrake-Nut

This is both useful and interesting and I agree that there would appear to be a number of people out there who may fall into the criteria for raising a complaint. Thanks for bringing this piece of information onto the site.

Kind regards

Gabriella x

Reaction score
Hi there from the PC Association - we're new to PC Review - and WOW!, what a lot of (mostly) unhappy posters, and we can understand why. Thanks to one of you for bringing this thread to our attention. We were entirely unaware of what was happening here, but yesterday when we received three complaints on the trot bells started ringing.

Microland had been a member of the PC Association for twelve months or more and we'd not had any complaints about them until we got one in July/Aug. We didn't find their response to our concerns to be satisfactory and indeed they indicated their intention not to renew their membership of the Association, stating their belief that we'd unfairly sided with the customer. Because we had received no other complaint about them we didn't take the matter further at that time.

Now that more dissatisfied complainants have contacted us it seems that the complaint we received was not isolated, and we have today informed Microland that their membership of the PCA is terminated forthwith, not because they get complaints, but because of the manner of their handling of those complaints. We have now removed their name from our listing of members.

GENERAL OBSERVATIONS (NOT specific to Microland)
30 days before you get your money back. This is a common and understandable provision for any distance-selling retailer and doesn't in itself indicate and wrong doing. Card Not Present fraud is a major problem and there is potential for fraud - against the retailer - with regard to refunds.

However some traders have been known to support an ailing business by trading on customer pre-payments - we aren't inferring that Microland falls into this category.

The PCA requires co-operation from its members in the resolution of complaints; that's not to say the customer is always right, merely that we want to see the right attitude from our members.

The more orders a company handles the more complaints there will be - generally. Our concern is when the ratio gets out of balance and when legitimate complaints aren't handled "properly" - and we've put that in quotes because it is a subjective term.

The PC Association tends to receive a higher number of complaints from companies that use our logo in their marketing than those that don't - no explanation needed for this.

We hope this has helped

PC Association

Reaction score
hello my name is ben cooper and i have ordered from them a couple of weeks ago, and wish i hadnt.... my case i ordered has not arrived in 2 weeks nearly and i can get no explanation why, my emails are never answered, and i have been waiting on the phone lines for hours untill they cut me off....

this is disgusting and i am gonna go to small claims court. they have taken £75.00 from me, and i have no product...

i am disgusted...

i want to know how i can garuantee that i can contact them immedietly, and either get my product of a full imediete refund...

what theyre doing must be illegal...

Reaction score
aaaaah this is classic, i just sent them an email containing serious threats and explaining to them my legal rights and for the first time ever.... THEY REPLIED WITHIN 5 MINUTES OF THEM EMAIL!!!

great thanks to this forum for supplying me with the legal information i required!!!

hopefully my problem is solved and i will keep you al updated!! :D :D:D XD XD XD

Reaction score
Hallelujah! Its a miracle!

I got my refund, it eventually took them 69 days to give me my money back for a product they never had, nor were they planning to have.

It was reassuring to find out, when I contacted their local trading standards office and spoke to a lady, who was obviously on another planet, that they were an OK company she said, their just very busy, what a load of tosh, THEY ARE A BUNCH OF SCUM CROOKS WHO SHOULD NOT BE TRADING. In fact she was more interested in how the details of the local trading standards office got on to this forum.

Well-done to the PC Association.

Good luck to everybody else I hope you get sorted soon.

More than anything keep spreading the word on these crooks.

Ask a Question