Man-Flu - The Facts

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Man Flu - The Facts

1. Man-Flu is more painful than childbirth. This is an irrefutable scientific fact*.

*(Based on a survey of over 100,000 men.)

2. Man-Flu is not 'just a cold'. It is a condition so severe that the germs from a single Man-Flu sneeze could wipe out entire tribes of people living in the rainforest. And probably loads of monkeys too.

3. Women do not contract Man-Flu. At worst they suffer from what is medically recognised as a 'Mild Girly Sniffle' which, if a man caught, he would still be able to run, throw a ball, tear the phone book in half and compete in all other kinds of manly activities.

4. Men do not 'moan' when they have Man-Flu. They emit involuntary groans of agony that are entirely in proportion to the unbearable pain they are in.

5. Full recovery from Man-Flu will take place much quicker if their simple requests for care, sympathy and regular cups of tea are met. Is that really so much to ask? Florence Nightingale would have done it

6. More men die each year from MFN (Man-Flu Neglect) than lots and lots of other things. (Like rabbit attacks or choking on toast).

7. Men suffering from Man-Flu want nothing more than to get out of bed and come to work, but they are too selfless to risk spreading this awful condition amongst their friends and colleagues. In this sense, they are the greatest heroes this country has ever known.

8. In 1982 scientists managed to simulate the agonising symptoms of full blown Man-Flu in a female chimp. She became so ill that she died.

9. Man-Flu germs are more powerful than Superman, Batman and The A-Team combined. They are too strong for weak, nasty tasting 'lady medicines' like Lemsip, so don't bother trying to force them on a victim of Man-Flu.

10. While it may seem like a Man-Flu sufferer is just lying around enjoying sport on TV it is a commonly recognised medical fact that the exact pitch and frequency of the crowd's roar has remarkable soothing powers.

Every minute in this country one man is struck down by Man-Flu. Women, all we ask is that each of you offers them a cup of tea, some kind words and your undivided attention and care. Then maybe, just maybe, we'll beat this monstrous disease together. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hahahaha, I'll have to forward this important medical announcement to Bex, just so she understands the severity :lol:.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'm so glad you brought this to our attention Niv... as a woman, I was at risk of underestimating this deadly malaise :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
Yes, TC & Bex will now understand what us men have to go through.:lol:

And i had a cold last year & it was full blown flu that lasted for 10 days!
But i carried on, on my course & spread it to my 2 instructors & 2 colleague's!!:rolleyes:
What a brave little soldier i was! :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And in a similar, vein, take note ladies...

And being serious when somebody tells me they have flu and they're still walking about I want to slap them. When real flu peaks, most sufferers are fit for nothing, it is severe.

A cold, on the other, is just an inconvenience ;)

Ask a Question