No Man's Sky launches tomorrow

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The highly anticipated No Man's Sky launches tomorrow for the PS4 and 12th August 2016 on PC. The game has been developed by a team of eleven in Guildford, and has drawn attention due to the fact that the universe in which you participate is procedurally generated.

Copies of the game have been released already to reviewers, so expect to start seeing reviews hitting the net this week. Marc Cieslak from BBC Click has been speaking to the man behind the game, Sean Murray, at his (tiny) office in Guildford: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37008610

You can also read more about the game at the official website: http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

Here's what Sean Murray had to say about the creation of the game:

Sitting down to write the first lines of code five years ago, I had such a clear picture in my mind of an emotion I wanted you to feel. To wander around an alien planet, and to feel you had discovered it...

...Here is what No Man’s Sky definitely is:
  • Exploring a universe of pretty procedurally generated worlds, with beautiful creatures
  • Trading with NPCs
  • Combat against robots/mechs and cool space battles
  • Survival/crafting in a universe sized sandbox
  • An awesome procedural soundtrack from my genuine favourite band (check the NMS album out here)
  • For one small moment, you might feel like you’ve stepped into a sci-fi book cover

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I haven't finished the game I'm playing ... not sure I'd get this one straight off the bat.

But I'm interested! :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This game launch has not gone well. The user comments on Steam are ALL negative as it seems the game won't run at all even on high spec PC's. Everybody saying it just crashes.

So if you had ideas to play this (I haven't) best wait a while til it's sorted.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
the 'graphic' style has put me off and I'm surprised it "runs like shit" because the graphics are, from what I've seen, so simplistic.

maybe when Steam has a sale. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems that the launch has been a bit of a disaster! At least they do seem to be looking into the problems and dealing with them. I guess it might take a while though given they're such a small team...

Ask a Question